Rmr

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KevW45, Jun 12, 2020.

1. KevW45

KevW45

Is the jury still out on the Trijicon rmr type 2 dual illuminated sight, or is there a verdict on how well it works in low light conditions. I find it crazy that there are very few reviews on the top of the line rmr, for perhaps the most popular gun, g19. I would have asked this question in the sights thread, and a couple of years ago, but nobody congregates there, and I just now bought my first handgun (G19 Gen5 mos)... Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Chowser

Chowser

Running the regular non adjustable type 2 rmr all year with no issues. I’m on permanent night shift. It brightens up when I enter a lighted area and dims when I leave it. Turning on my wml does not wash it out.

it works for me.

SWFlGuy and -JCN- like this.

3. Jarrod37387

Jarrod37387 Silver Member

When I first started out I had an RM05G which is the dual illumination green 9 moa dot. It sounded like a great deal and I liked the idea of not having to change batteries. The first couple of things I noticed were that, when shooting from a shaded or dark area into a bright area, the dot would wash out because there was no light for the fiber optics and the tritium wasn't bright enough to overcome the brightness. The second thing was the dot was HUGE. I used it quite a bit and then traded it in on the type 2 RM06 which it the adjustable 3.25 moa red dot. Much better. I loved the green dot and, if I could get the RM06 with a green dot, I'd be all in. I wouldn't buy another one of the dual illumination RMRs.

4. JPARANEE

JPARANEE

Running 3 type II RMR’S

2 are adjustable my edc gun is not

the adjustable scan be set into auto mode as well

I leave all in auto mode and I am very pleased

only reason I turn them down is when dialing in to get smallest dot I can while sighting

if I were to buy one I would go with adjustable because like I said set it in auto for everyday but you have option to turn down or off to save battery life or to make a more finite aiming point

go 3.25 Moa dot you fo not want bigger

5. Chowser

Chowser

I want to add the following:

I had to select for the lowest common denominator basically.

I chose the 3.25 moa non adjustable because my chief is forcing these on everyone and I had to pick the one that requires NO interaction from the officer. We have a lot of non-gun people. Most of them still don't have WMLs either. I had to pick a holster that worked for the RMR and whether they have a WML or not and I needed an RMR that they didn't have to worry about turning on or off. Also I am changing everyone's battery every year so that's out of their hands too.

6. 153

I have the green dual illuminated RMR with the 9 MOA dot. The dot does fade when looking from dark areas to full sun. But I put on back-up Ameriglo irons and when that happens (infrequently) I just use the back-ups.

With weapon lights, TLR 7 and X300, the dot fades but the back-ups are silhouetted very well.

Most (99%) of the time the green dot is plainly visible. The 9 MOA dot is OK to 25 yard practical shooting, but won’t work for bullseye. Personally, I like it ... it works just like the ACOG. I have astigmatism in my right eye and this sight works better for me that the smaller red dot on other models.

Like everything else YMMV.

DJ Niner likes this.