close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RKBA holsters for NAA mini

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Berto, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Berto

Berto woo woo

Worth checking out.:thumbsup:

I picked up a holster for my 1@5/8" NAA mini in .22mag.
    I just wanted something to keep the gun positioned properly for pocket carry in the instances I actually rely on the NAA (golf, formal events,etc)
    I went to local GT'er Stephen, he hooked me up with this little number, has an extra pocket to hold 5 extra .22mag rounds...pretty neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cartridge pouch;

[​IMG]

$35 was worth it.
    http://rkbaholsters.com/Products.htm

2. beatcop

beatcop

Very cute.....

I hear you want to avoid having the hammer exposed. Some guys have posted that they have accidentally cocked it while in the front pocket...not sure if it's true, but a little more leather around the spur might be a good improvement.

3. Caver 60

Caver 60

It's true. Happened to me.

When I pulled that unholstered NAA out of my right front pocket with the hammer cocked full back over a live round I about, well you know what.

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Viva Hate CLM

Cool holster, looks kinda like the one I use.

I've never accidentally cocked the hammer while the NAA was in my pocket. I can hardly imagine how anyone might manage that.

5. Caver 60

Caver 60

Easy. Just do some heavy lifting of irregular shaped objects.

Mines been a permanent safe queen ever since. I've even considered taking my cutting torch and fixing that thing forever. I'm not sure I want one of my sons to have it, and they know what happened.

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

Highly unlikely in this holster. The hammer is in its safety notch. In order for the hammer to go fully cocked, the cylinder must revolve, and it wont because the fit around the cylinder is tight.
    FWIW, I tried it. With force, it could be done, but I'd be hesitant to try it again as it strains the lockwork to pull it off, and IMO isn't a realistic concern with my mode of carry or intended uses. In addition, the hook of the holster above the hammer spur impedes any likelihood of something levering the hammer back.

7. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

Whoa there Hoss! Over-react much? :shocked:

Ok, you are thinking about destroying a gun because the holster you used (assuming you were using a holster) was inadequate to the job at hand?

Do you destroy your car because the street tires you put on it are inadequate for the snow you were driving through?

I feel you though.... me, I smack my wife every time the dog does something wrong because it is the kids' dog and she gave birth to the kids. :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. Caver 60

Caver 60

As I said in post three, the gun was unholstered when it happened.

And I still remember the full cock incident like it just happened, and that was almost 30 years ago.

But just like the 410 Judge, I can't think of a situation when the NAA would be the preferred firearm to carry, not to mention the NAA being dangerous (unless you holster it to the point you can't get it out to use it in time.)

Really, in my opinion, the NAA is a pretty useless gun. It's a sorry caliber and it takes forever to reload it. And that 'safety' notch doesn't mean anything, unless you drop it. But it can still be cocked from the 'safety' notch position, if it isn't properly holstered.

I've got dozens of other handguns that are far more useful. But I don't like selling guns, especially one I consider dangerous. I'll either destroy it, or leave it to my adult kids to decide what do with someday. Like I said, they know what happened with it.

9. beatcop

beatcop

The stopping power of these revolvers has been flogged in the past, but suffice it to say it will sever a femoral artery with no problems.

Best practice to keep the hammer shrouded...prob may partially explain the little leather strap that you'd see hooked over the end of the hammers in the old westerns...that and retention while on horseback.

10. Berto

Berto woo woo

I agree the NAA mini borders on 'novelty' status as a defense weapon, but I'd still consider it an improvement over a knife or nothing.
    As for the safety notch, yeah, it's just that, a safety notch. The only way to fire the weapon is to cock the hammer, pull trigger. It can't fire from the safety notch if dropped or the hammer struck....that's the idea.
    LIke most guns, it's only as dangerous as its user, if you're stupid and don't properly holster it, you could have a problem, just as folks have found true with P3AT's, LCP's or even glocks. Nothing new.

If YOU don't like the gun, great, but why piss in my thread if your criticisms don't apply with this holster?

11. Caver 60

Caver 60

I fully agree, I was very, very, very, stupid to carry it unholstered thirty years ago.

But I've seen dozens of people on Glocktalk talk about just dropping one loose in a pocket and carrying it that way during the three years I've been around here. And plenty of people defending that decision.

I just don't want to see anyone accidently shot.

The pictures of your holster with the NAA, show the hammer and trigger are both exposed.

Enough said.

12. geronimo509

geronimo509

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like how you have something for golf. I have a S&W mp340 in a RKBA holster and Love it. However, I do not think it will be in my pocket when I golf. I might just have to look at a NAA

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  13. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Not a bad looking hoslter..