Glock Talk banner

River Bend Ballistic Challenge XIII Redux (Need Range Officers)

599 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Kilted Shooter
I hope that this posting finds you and your family all well, this COVID-19 virus has been a challenge for me and everyone. That being said, The 13th annual River Bend Ballistic Challenge is just a little over a week away and it is the time to put the call out again for the great RO's that River Bend has to offer. This year it is predicted that we will break another record of entries going well over 800 entries. This feat cannot be done without your help. I am asking for your help to be a RO. A great RO promotes firearms safety and sportsmanship. Also, you see old friends and make new ones. As you know this match is the best and the largest one in the United States!!!

I am looking for Range Officers and additional match staff to work the River Bend Ballistic Challenge XIII on October 9th, 10th, and 11th. There will be a need for assistance in setting up the ranges on October 8th (Thursday at 9:00am) after the final match setup, I will allow ONLY ROs and select others to shoot the match. You do not need to be a certified Range Safety Officer to be able to help. There are plenty of other essential tasks where we can use your assistance.

This match is always fun and this year will be no exception! For helping, GSSF will give you a hat and other gifts such as flashlights, pistol magazines, gun rugs, and GLOCK knives. If you don’t want any of the merchandise, you can also choose an entry in the match or a GSSF membership. For set up and each half day of the match you will be entered for the RO drawings for GLOCK Pistol Certificates, GLOCK items and donations from vendors. This is in addition to the pistols you can win by shooting the match.

If you can work a full day, you will be provided a meal and drink. We will also have the water coolers with plenty of water and ice, so be sure to bring a water bottle to refill.

Due to COVID-19, I emphasize to all Range Officers, competitors, and spectators to social distance, wash your hands, and use hand sanitizer often. If you wish to wear a mask please do, it is not mandatory to do so. Per River Bend Gun Club rules all persons entering River Bend Gun Club property shall sign the liability waiver. After you sign the waiver, each person will be given a wristband denoting they signed the waiver. There are no exceptions to this.

Please sign up so I know how many shirts, hats and food to plan to bring. If you can help please visit http://gssfonline.com/river-bend-range-officer.cfm I will open this up to other people on October 1st if I do not fill up my staffing slots by then, so please respond as soon as possible.

Please Read This:

You can submit your forms by clicking on ‘SUBMIT’ on the top right of the form. Then, ONLY if you are on a Microsoft (like at work on your company email) server, select ‘Desktop Email Application’. If you are using an e-mail service like Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Bellsouth, Comcast, etc., you will select ‘Internet E-mail’ and save the forms on your computer, then you will need to attach the forms to an email to [email protected] You may also be able to click on the ‘File’ dropdown list while in the form and select ‘Attach to email’ and that will give you a blank email screen with the form already attached to the email. If you can’t email, you can still fax the sheets to Cindy Noyes attention at 770-437-4719 or mail it to her at 6000 Highlands Pkwy, Smyrna, GA 30082.

I look forward to seeing you this year on the range. If you know someone who is interested in shooting a GSSF match, bring them to the match and enter them and register them in the new member drawing.

Finally, there will be two giveaways for a GLOCK pistol certificate. There are only 100 tickets for $10.00 a piece for each giveaway. If you are interested in purchasing a ticket or two please let me know. Those who bought tickets earlier this year, are still in the drawing. I also have for sale the nearly world famous the 2020 River Bend Ballistic Challenge shirts for sale for $15.00.

Best Regards and Safe Shooting,

Phil Alexander
River Bend Ballistic Challenge Match Director
Messenger bag Games Brand Bag Pocket
Messenger bag Games Brand Bag Pocket

[email protected]
Reactions: Belton GSSF
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.