Rise in attacks on refugees fuels German debate on racism

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by callihan_44, Aug 17, 2015.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

BERLIN — A surge in xenophobic attacks and hate speech targeting asylum seekers in Germany is igniting a firestorm in the nation where the Nazis taught the dangers of intolerance.

Prominent personalities have condemned the attacks as well as a recent rash of public vitriol on social media and elsewhere. Anja Reschke, an anchorwoman for German public broadcaster ARD, for instance, touched off a national debate after an on-air commentary blasting refugee bashing. Soon after airing, the segment went viral, with 15 million hits and counting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-a-german-anchorwoman-who-defended-refugees/

I remember having debates with Europeans who claim americans are nothing but racists for not loving the Mexican invasion, looks as if the tables are turned

2. Ovid

Ovid

In a similar vein, I saw the same tendencies in France when I visited there a couple of years ago. Most of the anger was focused on the Romani (Gypsies) who have had a growing presence in several western European nations.