close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Ripped off by Ready Tactical www.pistolpacking.com

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by GrandmasterB, Oct 23, 2006.

1. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB

Just letting everyone know -- bought a holster online from Ready Tactical www.pistolpacking.com on July 6. Sent funds immediately via Paypal.

Was told via email in August that the holster shipped. Called the shop one week later and was told that it was going to ship. Called many times and got no answer. Finally got through after another week and was told the holster was shipped and was given a delivery confirmation number. After several days, holster did not show up. Checked confirmation number on USPS site and it was not a valid number. Spent another two weeks trying to get through on the phone. Told Chris (the guy who answered) that the confirm # didn't work and I was tired of this and just wanted my holster. He said he would take care of it. That was early Sept. It is now late Oct. and I have called a dozen times and sent numerous emails and can't get a reply.

I paid in July and no holster, no return emails and no return calls. There is no answering machine so I can't leave a message and no one answers the phone when I call.

BEWARE of www.pistolpacking.com

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

Your complaint was just emailed to your vendor. Sometimes, posting a complaint and then sending an email can work miracles.

3. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

It's sad that an email to a company about someone posting a negative comment about their bad business habits may get them off there *** and get the man his holster.:steamed:

4. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB

It is even more sad that it is highly likely it will be ignored just as the many emails I have sent have been ignored.

As a further update, I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have also sent a typed letter via snailmail to Ready Tactical requesting a refund.

Let's see what happens.

5. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

That's usually a tip-off that they're not up to standards.

I was considering getting a K-Frame holster from this outfit. Now that you've posted this I think I'll pass. While there are sometimes valid reasons that vendors drop the ball this series of incidents doesn't appear to be one of them.

Keep us informed.

6. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB

Don't know if was emailing them this post, or if it was my snail mail letter to them or my complaint with the local Better Business Bureau, but my holster arrived today.

It is very well made and exactly what I was looking for. I wish it had been a bit easier to get though.

7. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Glad to hear you received your holster, piss poor service for the way you had to get it.

Paulie

8. sts47

sts47

are they a drop shipper? if they are, most of the time, they don't have much stock on hand at all, and just send an order in to the manufacturer who ships to you.

If there is a backorder, the regular consumer wouldn't know it. So you'd have to wait for weeks/months to get it probably. And since they drop ship, they son't really care to even know much about their product. I hate dealing with businesses like that. I like a place with a store front, show room, place that you can get your hands on the merchandise.

9. pstmstr

pstmstr

I have been waiting on a vest from this same company, several unanswered emails. Maybe I need to go the letter and BBB route as well if I don't get it this week.

10. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB

This is the manufacturer directly. Not a drop shipper. I think this is a small, maybe even one-man shop whose own success may be his downfall. My suspicion is that he can't keep up with the demand for his products and do all the paperwork and keep track of everything by himself, so his customer service is going down the tubes while the orders keep coming in.

11. The Pontificator

Telling someone that a product has shipped then telling the same customer that "it's gonna be shipped this week" after the customer doesn't see his order doesn't address that scenario.

Example: Pale Horse Holsters (R.L. Graham) says up front on his site that he's a one-man shop and that he's overwhelmed...and that wait times may range from a month to 3 months.

12. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

I hear that this is not his only job either, it would be a slow go with him anyway. (Has to do his manufacturing when he's not at his 9to5er)

13. The Pontificator

That still doesn't address what is being reported to be lousy customer service.

14. jbirds1210

jbirds1210 Willwork4ammo

I purchased a holster for my wife from Chris. The holster is pink (not easy to find) and fits the gun well. This was the only place I found that would make a pink holster for me out of Kydex.

I agree that Ready Tactical may be its own worst enemy and I hate to har that Byron had a problem. I did not get my holster when promised and had to call multiple times to get an answer. Same deal with the shipping number...same exact problems.

The fellow has a great product and knows his plastic...maybe slowing down the advertising with folks like Goloski or hiring some help could help. Chris seems like a heck of a nice guy that is trying to please his customers, but ends up ticking them off when delivery is slow. I hope he gets things worked out. Above all...these holsters are FAST! Very fast.

[​IMG]
    Jason