close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Ripoff Warning!!! by Concealed

Discussion in 'What Happened To My Want Ads Area?' started by fingers, Feb 7, 2002.

1. fingers

fingers

Head's up everyone. Concealed AKA Jose Alberto of Dallas TX apparently has ripped off a buddy of mine for $1100 on a deal for a Colt SP1 off of the AR15.com boards. It looks like he's working here too. Or was. Anyone with any information on him please email me with it or post it here. There's a post on the Subguns Board of Inquiry that more or less states the guy is a dirtbag and to watch out for him.
    Thanks

2. Point Blanks

Point Blanks

Reading this makes me furious,even though i didnt buy from him!! These ripoff artist MUST be caught and proscecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! I sure hope one of these people who have ripped board members off out of their hard earned money gets caught very soon and the thread ends up a "sticky" warning to other people tempted to do the same. I feel for you guys that were ripped off (if it really happened again) and hope for a speedy arrest and conviction!!! Maybe keep a "kitty" somehow and offer it as a bounty on their butts would help!!!!

3. tall terry

tall terry

there has to be something we can do to these ripoff artists. they are making it very difficult for all the honest members to do business. maybe a waiting period before new members can post items for sale/trade? It really gets my blood boiling, even though they haven't got me....yet

4. kjones99

kjones99 JonesTwinsDad

start asking for references....the scam artists quit responding to your email inquiries at that point..

5. fingers

fingers

Hopefully they will catch this scumbag. I don't know if that will help the folks that were ripped off though. Its easy to get lulled into a false sense of security. I have done many deals over the internet here and on other boards without a problem. Most folks go out of their way to make everything right. I feel especially bad on this one because I led my buddy to this deal. He was looking for the gun and I saw it posted and told him about it. It was his first and most likely last transaction over the internet. Please pass this on to anyone who might be able to help, like LEO's in the Dallas area. Thanks,
    Dave

6. Ravenworx

Ravenworx I'mHalWilkerson

Yeah I got Snagged for 250;6 ;6 I got an e-mail fowarded to me from the BATF, they are looking into him. I defenatly learned a lesson here!

7. psychoshot

psychoshot

Well, for that kind of money, I'd pay him a visit. These people are a lot less brave if they have to face you.

I'll say it again, anybody who is doing business over the internet better damn well be using a credit card one way or the other. Either directly through a merchant or through BidPay or PayPal. There is not any way in this world I would send an individual $1100. dollars.

I hope you guys find the creep. We are still looking for ole' Partick Oherron, or at least the VT police are.....I hope.

8. 6forsure

6forsure

He's screwed alot of folks over on subugns.com as well.

9. Tom B

Tom B Millennium Member

Its not very smart to steal from folks who own machineguns! :rolleyes:

10. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

received this email and think it prudent to post it here

11. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

This is the very reason, if I'm Buying or selling, I insist on Postal Money Orders. When they are purchased and mailed to a subject for payment and you do not receive what you have purchased, it constitutes Mail Faud, Postal Money Orders can be TRACED! And you can notify the local Postal Inspectors for action, because it is a Federal Crime. I hope like hell they catch this scum bag and hang him by his _____.

12. fingers

fingers

My Friend, Doug did pay with a US Postal Money order. And he sent the funds in a certified letter with a confirmation of receipt. He called the post office and they told him all they could do was trace where it was cashed for an additional $2.50. So much for the saftey of using money orders. Thanks for everyones help.
    Dave

13. GoldDot27

GoldDot27 "PLASTICS"

You can check status (if cashed ) by calling:
    800-868-2443 option 1, option 1, then type in your MO number and the
    amount.
    The $2.50will get you a hard copy in 4-6 weeks.
    I like the idea of a "Kitty" for rewards!;6

14. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Fingers, Report the incident to the Postal Inspectors, it's important that you have all the documentation. I belive they can help, Postmasters and Clerks don't do any more than they have to.

15. Ravenworx

Ravenworx I'mHalWilkerson

How do you get ahold of the inspectors?

16. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Go to USPS.com, I think it's listed there. Or ask your Postmaster for the Phone Number, they have to give it to you.

17. GoldDot27

GoldDot27 "PLASTICS"

18. DepMur

DepMur Millennium Member

From all of my experience looking for wanted people the Casa Linda address is a post office box setup, u know mailbox etc.... Does anyone know if the ATF has an agent working the Dallas end of this deal, if so maybe a name.... Fingers I sent you a email.

19. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

20. DepMur

DepMur Millennium Member

Rusty, actually I was wondering if anyone knew if their was a agent out of the DALLAS office working on this...