Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....finish that sentence.

Just found this article about the Australian Team refusing to use their village because of the multiple problems with it:

http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/n...-refuses-to-move-into-unsafe-olympic-village/

I especially like this part from the Mayor:

"This is an incredible village, more beautiful and better than Sydney," he said, referring to the 2000 Olympics in Australia. He also said he was tempted to put "a kangaroo jumping outside" to make them happy."
LMFAO. Oh wow. Oh yeah, nothing says being in denial like insulting the national icon of an entire country and thinking that Rio has anything as nice as Sydney did.

How out of touch do you have to be to make a statement like that?

Obviously I hope everyone goes there safe and returns home unharmed to their respective countries.

......but we all know that's not going to happen. Whether it's a Cartel murdering people, or a Norovirus, someone is not going home from these games. It's just a question of whom.

This should finally show the entire world that South America just doesn't belong here in the US. Liberals won't have an excuse anymore; these problems will be right there for the whole world to see. Wall that border.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This games has disaster written all over it.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was June/July:

Unbelievable. There is NO amount of money you could pay me to go there. None.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Rio and Sochi will likely influence where future Olympics are held, the economically challenged countries just don't have the financing and infrastructure to have a successful Olympics. I suspect Beijing will be yet another disaster with the pollution and political issues.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
On the other hand there is the possibility that this could spawn some new Olympic events. The first one I thought of is turd rowing.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the other hand there is the possibility that this could spawn some new Olympic events. The first one I thought of is turd rowing.
Oh dude, I'm just waiting for the South Park episodes. I can just see them now: Cartmen swimming in an ocean of pee with fat kids in wet, poo-covered shirts floating by on pieces of trash.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
He is just anticipating. Pretty soon the first world will be down the same path and it will be as good.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
Can you say cluster boys and girls?

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
21,346 Posts
Cluster of F's;

F as in Feces
F as in Favela

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Perhaps we are being to negative.
Holding the games in what is the third world was the politically correct thing to do. We certainly would not want to take a "distopian" view of practicality and safety.
We have to do what feels good.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perhaps we are being to negative.
Holding the games in what is the third world was the politically correct thing to do. We certainly would not want to take a "distopian" view of practicality and safety.
We have to do what feels good.
Oh, oh of course. Always do what feels best.

·
GT Ombudsman
5,245 Posts
Unbelievable. There is NO amount of money you could pay me to go there. None.

They are handing out 450,000 condoms for 10,000 athletes. Money may not be the reason people are going.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are handing out 450,000 condoms for 10,000 athletes. Money may not be the reason people are going.
Yeah I've heard about that, and I personally cannot think of another place in Olympic History where I would LEAST like to give my D to someone. I don't even want to know how bad STDs are in this disgusting place.

·
Banned
11,747 Posts
"The crime wave engulfing Rio de Janeiro weeks before the 2016 Summer Olympics have taken another athlete victim, as New Zealander Jason Lee says he was abducted by men in police uniform and forced to withdraw money from an ATM for them."

1 - 20 of 75 Posts