close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RINO Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Burebista, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Bruce M

Bruce M

I was commenting on the possibility of a successful civil suit for false arrest in these type situations.

2. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

Sure it can be contained when those people move to your state don't let their laws come with them. Force them to conform to what your state wants. Before you say easier said than done you are correct, but if we can elect Trump, we can contain this cancer!

3. nursetim

nursetim

This ought to be good. How do you 'force' them to conform? :popcorn:

4. Randylahey53

Randylahey53

My opinion is that if your state doesn't want to recognize conceal carry from another state, the state needs to be fixed, not the fed.

California, NJ, and the state of ChiRaq will never favor gun rights. Why do we want to risk our day to day lives through legal and court precedents that may come back to haunt us 10 years from now?

The correct answer is if you don't like your state's management, to move from the state, or weight the pros and cons of moving out of that state vs staying and rebuilding life in accordance with your beliefs.

If every gun loving pro-2aer moved out of new york today, they'd loosen up their anti gun laws. We have voices and need to use them.

5. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

Participate in your government, they don't just show up and things magically change. We get lazy and the next thing you know they are the mayor, and city counsel then in the state legislature. Stay diligent or end up like CA, OR, WA.......

nursetim likes this.
  6. aquanomics

aquanomics

It's really very simple, if the Constitution mentions it, it's a national issue, otherwise it's to the states to decide. There should be about as many state gun laws as there are state laws of freedom of speech/press/religion.

nursetim, kwo and NoStress like this.
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Have not heard of one. Likely from Los do happy to get away from oppressive government in that state. That they don't dare go back. Or want to be test case.

8. NoStress

NoStress

The Second Amendment Primer by Les Adams is the best book I have found on the Second Amendment. I did not look too hard for a book review but here is a link.
    http://themartialist.net/2ndprimer/ It can be listened to as an audio book but it really is a good book to own for several reasons. Many I talk with claim to be Pro 2A but they are not. I feel the same way about some here. What we do need is for the Federal Government to force all of the States to obey the Constitution. Some of you want your permit to be honored in other states. I don't get the impression you guys see anything wrong with having to get a permit in the first place.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    nursetim and Quigley like this.
  9. IvanVic

IvanVic

Agreed, but the number of people living in NY (or any state) who would uproot their entire family because of gun laws is so small that it's statistically irrelevant.

10. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

This!

Permits, background checks, and the NFA are all unconstitutional. Having to ask the government for a right that clearly states "shall not be infringed" is unconstitutional.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nursetim likes this.
  11. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

Not when we grant them the power to give us permission to exercise the right. Then it doesn't matter if it is unconstitutional.

12. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I didn't give them that power. That is something they have taken.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nursetim likes this.
  13. NoStress

NoStress

When you click on the link I posted it sort of looks like you have to search for the review but you don't. If you scroll down a ways he will start his review. There are a couple of links worth clicking on within this link. Jeffrey Snyder's A Nation Of Cowards is worth taking time to read. Here is the link again http://themartialist.net/2ndprimer/

14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Pawcatch@aol.co and Burebista like this.
  15. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The states won't be fixed. Why should my rights be denied just because I'm visiting Commieland?

The FUD around this legislation is astounding. Worrying about what some future Congress will do 10 or 20 years from now has nothing to do with anything.

ChuteTheMall, NoStress and Inyo Tim like this.
  16. ItnStln

ItnStln

I fail to see how they're was a crime as there was no intent. It's the airline's fault.
    I don't think it's a laughing matter at all, and I see where the airline's are liable for this as they diverted. It's not like it happened on a scheduled flight into NY, it was diverted there.

nursetim likes this.
  17. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

No our parents, grandparents and great grandparents did.
    How much of what they gave away have we been able to get back?

18. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

19. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Every time the Feds touch a rule they just screw it up even worse.

Example: FAA and medical reform.

No thanks. Leave it up to the states and let them work out whether or not to honor each other's permits.

nursetim, tsmo1066 and Old Buzzard 74 like this.
  20. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

36 different states already reciprocate with Texas CHLs and the list continues to grow (albeit slowly). Many other states have as many, or nearly as many, reciprocal agreements already in play. Yes, the Federal route is faster, but it's also more open to abuse.

nursetim likes this.