close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RINO Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Burebista, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Burebista

Burebista Dictator

Speaker Paul Ryan will not allow Congressional action on national concealed carry reciprocity to move bills forward, Rep. Thomas Massie told host Mark Walters Thursday on Armed American Radio. The reason given is Ryan thinks the timing isn’t right to consider H.R. 2909, the D.C. Personal Protection Reciprocity Act, a supplement to state reciprocity provisions of H.R. 38.

Massie introduced his legislation after the ball field shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise and other Republicans by an anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter in Alexandria, VA.

More:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/ry...y-congressman-tells-armed-american-radio/amp/

Pawcatch@aol.co and Dr. Bill like this.
  2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Some libertarians are also fighting against reciprocity, claiming all laws are infringements.
    We have many enemies among us.

3. RenoF250

RenoF250

Don't get too excited, perhaps the timing is wrong. Do you want him to try now and fail and wait and get it through.

Also, if you believe in states rights you should have some concern for one state having to abide by the laws of others. I would say reciprocity would need to include some minimum requirements in every state for it to have a chance.

4. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

We seem to get the short end of the stick when there are states rights on some issues, but not others.

5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Each state still has it's own laws, but if they issue any permits then they must recognize all permits.
    Timing will always be wrong, just keep trying. HR 38 has 209 co-sponsors, including 3 demonrats .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. RenoF250

RenoF250

If you take away a state's rights to restrict who can CC then they may give it up altogether. It make more sense to me to have a federal CC license, with it, no background check, and TSA Pre at airport. It is also against states rights but I think the argument for both reciprocity or federal license is it is a 2nd amendment issue and not up to the states. The federal license makes it more "fair" to those stuck in commieville.

Denny Symes and Dcc65 like this.
  7. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

I hope the bill never sees the light of day and if it does it fails.

8. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Why is that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Old Buzzard 74

Old Buzzard 74

If we let the fed grant us permission they can take it away. I am sorry for those that live in states that do not allow their citizens to carry, but those are the same states that send anti gunners to DC to take our rights away. Fix your state, and we do not need this law.

10. kiole

kiole

The biggest problem I see is states won't abide by the law.

New York doesn't recognize FOPA as is and by the time the courts sort it out you end up without a conviction but your life is ruined.

11. SGT67

SGT67 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It should be no different than one state recognizing anothers drivers license. some states have different laws governing that yet you don't need some federal license required .

12. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

I don't think it's a bad thing actually. Leave it up to the states. I don't want a Federal Driver's License either.

For example, Kansas did a smart thing a couple of years ago. They recognize all “valid” concealed carry licenses (or permits, cards, etc.) that are issued by another State or the District of Columbia (the only caveat is a minimum age of 21). This also opened the door for reciprocity for KS CCW holders. Only 12 states do not recognize a KS CCW (or any other, for that matter).

APERS, Randylahey53, Pat K and 5 others like this.
  13. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I agree. If you are against federal laws that mandate what states must do regarding restricting concealed carry, then you should be equally opposed to federal laws mandating what states must do regarding accepting concealed carry.

Leave reciprocity up to the individual states.

14. sarge83

sarge83

What Paul Ryan stab voters in the back! Surely not! This Little $*&^ thinks he runs Washington but the GOP congress can't walk and chew gum at the same time. The GOP congresses continued lies and breaking of their campaign promises is going to get them killed in the 2018 election cycle. They will blame Trump but the beat down that is coming is all on them. Their base has no reason to vote for these putrid lying, turds in the punch bowl after their behavior the last nine months.

PaDean, Penzdude, APERS and 5 others like this.
  15. Bruce M

Bruce M

If Congress passes nationwide reciprocity and there is some sort of minimum training, I wonder what kind of training or other restrictions Congress might impose the next time the Democrats have a majority in Congress. Even if reciprocity passes without any training requirements, I wonder what the Democrats might impose on concealed carrying when they have a majority. I wonder if they would look to say Florida for a shall issue type level or if the Democrats would be more inclined to agree with say the way San Francisco or New York City issue permits as a better standard for the entire nation.

Penzdude, nursetim, medic2258 and 5 others like this.
  16. Burebista

Burebista Dictator

Let me give you a little reality check my friends:
    Democrats never had in the past nor will never have in the future any problems whatsoever passing more federal gun laws if they have the legislative majority and their guy in the White House.
    Example: Clinton's AWB. Was there any "Federal assault weapon reciprocity bill" in the books before the Clinton's assault weapon ban? I don't think so, in fact bringing an AR15 rifle with a flash hider and a 30-round magazine from a free State into CA, NY or HI amounted to a felony.
    Now, what makes you think Democrats aren't going to try to ban concealed carry in all 50 States even if there isn't a Federal CCW reciprocity law in the books? It didn't stopped them with the Fed AWB, what do you think is going to stop them with the Fed CCW?
    In conclusion:
    It would be completely idiotic not to take advantage of the rare, once in a lifetime opportunity we have right now just because of the false premise "what the Fed giveth, the Fed can taketh away".
    Democrats never operate like that. If they are presented with the opportunity, they ALWAYS try to take advantage. It's past time the GOP/conservative to take notice and do the same.

17. RenoF250

RenoF250

I would agree, I just said if it won't pass now but would pass in 3 months then wait 3 months.

Dcc65 likes this.
  18. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

BINGO! Good post!

National reciprocity can be a wolf in sheep's clothing, and I don't want to hand that sort of control to the Feds. If you oppose the Federal Government being able to mandate what states must do with respect to RESTRICTING concealed carry, then you should, by definition, oppose the Federal Government being able to mandate what states must do to with respect to EXPANDING concealed carry.

Using Your Example:

The Feds approve national reciprocity, but with the stipulation that all states must adhere to a CHL "minimum training standard" that is set at the national level. Gun owners cheer as the long-awaited holy grail of national reciprocity is achieved!

Fast forward 8 years and the Dems are in office. In the name of "saving the children from untrained rednecks with hand-cannons," the "minimum training standard" is transformed into an 8 month course involving over 500 man hours of classroom and field training along with physical standards that a Green Beret would be hard pressed to meet.

Boom! De-facto ban on CHL nationwide.

19. RenoF250

RenoF250

Most likely they would make it something like "must demonstrate competency to a law enforcement official." That would leave local sheriff's with the option to block many with the level of competency set too high.

nursetim, Caver 60 and Bruce M like this.
  20. RenoF250

RenoF250

As already pointed out, there is nothing to stop the dems from adding those requirements anyway. The more "reasonable" the bill the less likely it is too be looked at again.

janice6 likes this.
  21. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

The Dems can't add to a national training standard that doesn't currently exist.

Don't hand the Federal Government power that should rightly reside with the states. Leave reciprocity where it belongs...with the individual state legislatures.