GlockTalk Forum banner

521 - 540 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
An old Weihrauch HW52 falling block rifle, just bought it but I haven't received it yet. I am looking at the photo all morning...

Damn that's a sweet looking rifle. I'm jealous and looking for one now.

Reactions: PzGren

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks ede,
it is heavier than it looks and has a three digit serial number. They are built since a long time and Haenel in East Germany had built basically the same gun behiind the Iron Curtain. HW usually uses barrel from Lothar Walther and they are great!

I also got a little range toy, a Beretta 71 Combo with the long and short barrel that isn't here yet.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
I couldn't find anything but air rifles. May not be a bad thing I've got more than I can shoot now.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Look for Weihrauch. Their revolver line is called Arminius, after the Cherusci son of a noble man, that was a hostage in Rome and defeated Varus in the Varus battle in Germany.

Their inexpensive Arminius line f .22 match revolvers is vastly underrated.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
CZ 457 Pro Varmint Suppressor Ready rifle in .22LR, with Bushnell Match Pro 6-24×50 FFP scope and Warne 7214M medium height rings. Looking forward to the wind dying down some here so I can finally sight it in and see what it can do :D

20201031_104353.jpg

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've posted this earlier, when I first got it together...current set up...

10-22 Pocket.jpg

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I always wanted to have a .22 l.r Walther PP in the luxury case and finally received it. It was proofed in 1966 and looks unfired. It came with those cheesy grips but I found a nice set of Nills for it in one of my boxes and have the original black plastic grips for it, as well as a dozen mags. I am eager to see how the gun performs.

I know for sure now that the gun was fired after the proof house. I shot it on Wednesday with standard velocity ammo and it worked. I had one of the earliest rimfire PPs, which I have to one of my sons, that preferred high velocity ammo, That is one of the guns that has a lightened slide. Those little rimfire guns are fun to shoot and great plinkers. I have a bunch of magazines for it and one of them did not work properly in this gun but works well in other rimfire PPs.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Growing up in pre-1972 and with that in pre-gun control Germany, I had waited for the mailorder catalogues to come in as a kid, even before I could read. I went straight to the pages with the rifles and a Voere 2114/2115 always captured my interest. After so many years, I finally received mine at the end of last month. I had to fix some issues, the firing pin spring was way too weak and I slipped a part of a S&W rebound spring over the firing pin to add force and it helped with ignition. I found out that high velocity ammo works better than SV, too. I had put a Bushnell Banner that I had lying around on but since I mostly shoot this offhand at 25 yards, I will take it off for tomorrows range outing.

This is an Austrian-made Voere that is a model 2115 but marked Benteler 55. Benteler was an automobile parts manufacturer and I have never seen another gun marked with their name.

I love shooting this little gun!

·
Registered
294 Posts
upload_2020-11-17_21-46-21.jpeg

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
Super Moderator
19,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice!

Is that the factory case it came with? My older Takedown came with a different style case, but I have another one I bought used that has no case at all. I might try to find one of those cases.
That’s the current case. It caught me by surprise too because I thought that it was supposed to come with a backpack style carrying case.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Due to building a Glock, I should be hanging out here a lot, so I might as well post some pics.

Tac-Sol Backpacker with a SIG Romeo5 and a SiCo Spectre II

1931 S&W K-22 Outdoorsman, first year manufacture

1933 Colt OMT .22

1975 S&W 34-1, aftermarket hard chrome

There are some more rimfires but these are the interesting ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
P80 build. I know, terrible timing, but I was overseas most of last year while things fell apart here. I didn't want to order too many parts beforehand in case something wasn't compatible. I'm no stranger to Glocks but new to building 80% ones.

·
Registered
98 Posts
P80 build. I know, terrible timing, but I was overseas most of last year while things fell apart here. I didn't want to order too many parts beforehand in case something wasn't compatible. I'm no stranger to Glocks but new to building 80% ones.
Polymer80's are really good frames..I've done a dozen of them with no issues so far..

what color and size frame?

521 - 540 of 542 Posts