Rimfire Pics

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by TylerDurden, Jul 11, 2007.

1. PzGren

PzGren

Lothar Walther conversion ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And do you remember my rimfire conversion for revolvers? I think I showed it before.

[​IMG]

DJ Niner likes this.
  2. crackedcornish

crackedcornish

birdseye maple stocked Volquartsen
    [​IMG]

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, it's because of stuff like this that I have to ask.
    It's a shame that a guy can't trust a caliber roll-mark any more... :supergrin:

PzGren likes this.
  4. PzGren

PzGren

I got a laser engraver and can take care of that for the members here, I mark them .22 l.r. and they can post here.

But back to the pics:

Erma ESP85A Jaegerschaftspistole, a rare version of this model for a German Hunting Association shooting discipline.

[​IMG]

And the match version:

[​IMG]

Unique DES69, another ugly duckling. It's a French thorough-bred match gun and a very sturdy and reliable match pistol, very different from the unreliability of French automobiles of Peugeot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  5. PzGren

PzGren

I have a Manurhin PP Sport L that is a real pleasure to shoot. It is the version that can be fired both in single and double action and has fully adjustable sights. The rear sight is regulating windage and the pivoting front sight adjusts for elevation.
    It works well with a variety of ammo and will be accompanying me more often to the range.
    Mags are a little rare and pricey but I have collected a few over the years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DJ Niner and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  6. PzGren

PzGren

I took the FN, Herstal International 150 to the range yesterday and it performed as well as expected. The International model is a variety of the FN Medalist that was built to conform with UIT rules, i.e. the 150 stand for 150mm, the maximum barrel length.
    These guns are very well made and will usually survive 100,000 rounds with only a recommended spring change. I have a set of shortened rosewood grips on this one. Original mags are also kind of hard to find and lightly used ones start around $150.

[​IMG]

7. DJ Niner

That's an exotic-looking little blaster.
    Cool pistol, I've never seen one of those.

8. PzGren

PzGren

DJ,

the Manurhin PP Sport was made from the early 1950s on and from 1961 on marked Walther, Ulm, yet they were still made in France. They came with 8.4 inch (L) and 6 inch (C) barrels, different grips and sight options and barrel weights and hammer shapes. There was a single action only version and a S/a and D/A model.
    These guns are rare and not well known. The classic W.H.B. Smith work on Walther firearms is explaining that the "C" model is single action only but over a dozens of these guns went through my hands and each was examined carefully, bringing me to the conclusion that the C behind the serial number stands for canon court, short barrel and the L is for canon longue, long barrel, while single action is action unique and a C would not fit in a description.

DJ Niner likes this.
  9. stevebla

stevebla

Browning Nomad Belgium 1969
    [​IMG]
    Tika T1X in PDC custom chassis
    [​IMG]
    Kidd 10/22 One piece at a time.
    [​IMG]

BC42, DJ Niner and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  10. MoondogNYC

MoondogNYC

My local Gun Club is only allowed to fire 22LR due to noise restrictions at the range (that's what it's like here in San Francisco). But I found I liked warming up with 22LR to smooth out my trigger pull and breathing.

[​IMG]
    Advantage Arms 22LR conversion slide for Glock 17
    This only runs reliably with CCI Mini-Mags or Remington GB

[​IMG]
    Walther P22 (actually made by Umarex)
    Runs reliably with CCI Mini-Mags, Remington GB, Winchester Super-X, and Federal Range/AutoMatch. My favorite pistol to shoot. Added the red dot for Club shoots which are at 25yrds. Now I'm proficient with iron sights at 25yrds and just keep it there out of habit.

[​IMG]
    H&K G36 clone in 22LR made by Walther
    Runs every 22LR brand I've tried so far, including Aguila Super Extra SV.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  11. DJ Niner

After seeing your list of rimfires in another thread, I was hoping you'd post photos of them.

I've never seen the HK clone before. Cool stuff!

MoondogNYC likes this.
  12. MoondogNYC

MoondogNYC

The G36 is my favorite 22LR rifle to shoot despite having a terribly mushy stock trigger. It's not as accurate as my Glenfield 60 or 10/22 but it's fun to shoot and turns heads at the range. Unlike the 10/22 body-kit G36, the Walther G36/22 is easy to field strip.

DJ Niner likes this.
  13. PzGren

PzGren

The inaccuracy makes it a really close copy of the original G36! The barrel of the G36 is anchored in polymer and when hot, from shooting or just the desert sun, accuracy is dismal.

[​IMG]

14. DrewBone

DrewBone

15. TENFAN

TENFAN Millennium Member

Cooper 57M Jackson Squirrel Rifle
    [​IMG]

BC42, Spats McGee, DJ Niner and 2 others like this.
  16. DrewBone

DrewBone

Absolutely beautiful!

17. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

18. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

My .22 rifles aren't anything exotic, but I like 'em. On the left, my RAR that I picked up about a year ago. On the right, my 10/22 that I've had for about 40 years. She just got new glasses. In fact, they both wear identical scopes.
    Pair O Rugers 001.jpeg

And my most recent acquisition, a RAR Target. She's probably going to get the scope off the RAR above.
    RART 001.JPG

19. DrewBone

DrewBone

Nice rifles Mr. McGee, thanks for sharing! I've recently found myself in need of a long gun chambered in .22LR, and I'm liking your RAR Target model...its stainless steel receiver and heavy barrel go really well together with the black laminate stock! I can't focus in on what make and model scopes are on your other rifles shown, so could you please share that info along with what you like or dislike about them? Thanks :)

I'll probably stick with .22LR, but I might consider a model in 22 WMR model as well. Ugh ;)

Spats McGee likes this.
  20. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

Both have Nikon Prostaff II Rimfire BDC 150, 3-9x40 scopes. I’m not a glass expert, not even close, but I love these scopes for my .22s. Unfortunately, Nikon got out of the scope business. If it hadn’t, I would’ve just bought another for the RAR-T. At my age, 50+, a “marked” reticle (for lack of a better term) is a big advantage, perhaps especially because about 90% of my lifetime rifle shooting has been short-range plinking. I really like the reticle in these Nikons.

Gaston_Convert likes this.