close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rimfire fun weekend (Tactical Solution upper suck)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by fnfalman, Mar 8, 2010.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

We had some rimfire fun this weekend: two 10/22 mildly modified, a Stag Arms lower coupled with a Tactical Solution upper, CZ-75 with Kadet Kit and Ruger MII 22/45. Great fun for all except for the TS upper kept jamming. You can't even get through one mag without one or two malfunctions. Failure to chamber, failure to ignite, failure to extract, failure to eject. You name it, it happened. We had CCI Mini-Mags, Remington Thunderbolt, Remington Hi-Vel, Federal Value Pack. All of which were eaten by the two 10/22s, the 22/45 and of course the Kadet Kit. But they all choked in the TS conversion kit. The mags for the TS kit were Black Dogs, which were suppose to be the best for that kit. Supposedly the owner had sent the unit back to Tactical Solution before for these malfunctions. He's not happy and he's going to send it back again.

The kit does look cool though as evident in my Soldier Of Fortune pose. Hehe.

The Hogue stocks on the two 10/22 rifles make for a better shooting package. Puts some heft in your hand and I prefer the lengthened buttstock a lot better than the standard stock. I'm not sold with the grippy/rubbery finish though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 280Z

280Z

That Kadet kit looks interesting, how do you like it compared to the ruger?

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It works amazingly well. Most of the time, conversion kits work like crap, but the Kadet Kit works really well. Nowhere as accurate as the Ruger though.

4. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

A whole lot of fun and a lot of shooting can be had with just a few dollars worth of .22 ammo. I plan to do the exact same thing as soon as we get rid of a few feet of snow.

5. 280Z

280Z

Thanks for the reply, I have a MKIII that I like pretty well.

I shot a .22 converson on a G27, it was ok but I didn't like they way the mag loaded or the trigger pull for it being a .22.