close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rimfire conversion?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wodduk, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Wodduk

Wodduk

I would really like to find a good, reliable .22 rimfire converison for my G17/G22.
    Any help or comments from your experience would be appreciated.

2. ken grant

ken grant

I don't have a kit for 17/22's but do have Advantage Arms Kits for 19/23 and 20/21.
    They work great with the right ammo. Of all that I have tried CCI mini-mags work best with Rem. GB Bulk pks second. although I have a few duds per pk. with the Rem.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

4. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

Don't touch Ciener! The only viable option is Advantage Arms. The only problem there is they are back ordered at up to 12 weeks. You may be able to find one used, maybe. They only other thing I'd change is the 10 round mags made in California. Someone needs to come up with a better solution. Anyway, I love mine. As long as you use the recommended bullets and don't lube it like a Glock you'll be fine. I've ran CCI Mini Mags, 40gr and 36gr HP and Remington Golden Bullets, 40gr and 36gr HP and have no issues what so ever. Pick up a few extra mags so you don't have to reload as often. It's tons of fun and I always end up shooting really fast.

^^ike

5. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

What's wrong with Ciener?

6. jtaliani

jtaliani CLM

I'm a big fan of the AA kits. We have one for a G19/23/32 and one for a G17/22/31. These are great practice tools (sight picture, trigger control, riding the recoil, draw, etc.). We have these with us on every trip to the range.

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

8. weagle

weagle

The Tactical Solutions version should be available in a few weeks. I didn't get to shoot it, but I did get to handle it at SHOT and it looks like a nice piece.

Weagle

[​IMG]

9. TonyT

TonyT

I used the Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit and it was totally eliable with CCI MiniMag ammo. It also functioned well with Remington Golden bullet ammo - reliability was excellent except for the ca. 2% ignition failures.
    I also tried the Ciener unit and experienced failures to get completely into battery. Returned the unit to Ciener and have not heard from them for many months. Their 1911 unit is totally reliable but their customer service stinks.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

I am looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully mags are cheaper than AA's.

11. Thrillhouse700

Thrillhouse700

the TSG price is absolute highway robbery. I can buy a whole new gun or 2500 rds of 9mm for that.

12. G26ster

G26ster

Care to elaborate? AA includes recommended lubing instructions in the kit. What's different?

13. GarryK

GarryK

I have the AA 17/22 conversion for my G17 and it works as advertised. I ordered 3 extra 10 round mags for it (seems like you could get 30+ rounds in there if it weren't made in CA). I get a few FTF's with Remington golden bullets, but sending them through a second time usually launches the lead downrange.

I think its great training for my 12 yo (although he seems to prefer the .45), and if my wife ever comes out (she keeps threatining too) I'll start her off with the .22 LR, as well.

I've already paid for it in saved ammo (9mm). It's also fun to just plink sometimes without watching quarters fly out of your barrel.

14. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

G26ster,

Sure, I lube my Glock using the 3-2-1 method outlined in the manual. 3 drops for the slide, 2 for the barrel and 1 on the frame. I clean and oil my gun after every use but you hear and read about Glock's that never get cleaned and they run great.

Check out this from the AA site:

Lubing your AA kit

On the slide you use 4 drops of oil - already 1 more than a Glock. 3 drops on the barrel - 1 more than a Glock. Then in the manual that came with the kit is tells you to "Apply one drop of gun oil to each of the four steel slide rails located on your Glock frame."

AA Glock Manual

On my glock I use fairly small "drops" of lube and on my AA kit I use bigger "drops." I have yet to have a FTF, FTE, or any other issues.

$350 for the TSG is a crime. The only nice thing is a slightly large mag capacity. They're smart though. They're going to step in and offer another option to the back ordered AA kits. I'd have an opening $300 special and sell them like crazy. Hopefully this will push AA to step up their production line.

^^ike

15. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

:crazy::headscratch:

I have a Ciener for my G23 and after over 10,000rds I have never had a problem of any type except for bulk ammo.

You cannot beat Ciener's quality.

Ciener maybe a jerk but he makes a great product.

I have a totla of 3 Ciener kits and the next .22LR kit I buy will be, guess what? It will be a Ciener.

Paul

16. weagle

weagle

I expect it will actually sell for around $300 which is comparable what you will actually pay for an AA kit.....if you can find one. TSG and Blackdog are actually the same company, so i expect mags will be cheaper and easier to get.

I have an AA kit for the 17/22 and love it, but I had to pay over $300 because I didn't want to wait forever to get one.

Weagle