close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rifle

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Dok, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

can anyone help me? i am planning of buying a rifle particularly cal. 22 or 22 magnum. however i am not much familiar with what brand is good. i am considering a remington 597. norinco and armscor also offer rifles but just not sure about it. one more thing, which would you prefer, a bolt action or semi auto? ;a

2. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

uy welcome back Dok. my advise is to go with the semi-auto .22 magnum. There are many available. You can't go wrong with either Ruger or Marlin. But just me, I'd go with a semi-auto. But if there will be a problem procuring spare magazines, I'll get a tube fed semi-auto or lever action rifle.

3. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

May I suggest the Ruger 10/22. Probably one of the most ready to modify .22 caliber rifle in existence. Do a search and you'll see a lot of aftermarket parts. Twin Pines I believe carry many accessories and magazines for them. The rifles are semi-auto and will give you lots of hours of fun.

The Marlins are available at P.B.Dionisio. They are also very nice rifles and durable. Most of them come in tubular magazines. My Uncle had one during the 60's and it is still doing fine. IN fact, he bought another two years ago.

The Remington 597's are good but not much aftermarket parts support. Visit www.rimfirecentral.com and they get a lot of bad reviews.

The Norinco's I haven't tried but the steel may be good.

The Armscorp rifles are good. You also get the advantage of better support since they are manufactured locally. They come in cheap too. We have a family friend who still uses his old Squibman rifle (now known as the Armscorp rifle)and still shoots well.

Good luck.

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

si dogman bumili ng cz rifle in 22LR last May sa PB. nilagyan ng scope (don't know what brand). he and taurus can hit 9mm and .223 brass all day long from 25meters. di nakontento, moved back to 40meters, inihiga mga basyo so puwet ang nakaharap, sapul pa rin. one damn accurate rifle!

my brother got a marlin from pb this gunshow for 10k. not bad.

but if i were to get a rifle, i'll get a ruger 10/22. ang dami mo available na accessories!

5. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Doc EC, may I ask what model of CZ rifle dogman got? Would you know if the CZ is inherently more accurate than the Ruger 10/22?

6. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

thanks guys. really appreciate it.;a

7. jasonub

jasonub

anschutz no question, even the sporting rifle is very accurate.

I had a bolt, semi auto and the supermatch.

Id go for the bolt for extreme accuracy. How accurate can these rifles be?

well my supermatch will put 10 shots inside a hole at 50 meters. the group size is about .17 center to center. hows that for accuracy? using eley tenex, winchester t22, eley club and a host of other high quality ammo.

using armscor subsonics it will open up to .25 of an inch at 50 meters. still enough to hit a human eye

for the sporter it will still achieve quarter of an inch groups at 50 meters with right ammo.

Id go for 22 for maximum accuracy. 22 magnums are not that good since ammo is expensive hard to find and is not that accurate.

also stopping power is negligible between the 2. i hunted with the sporter and able to hit birds 150 meters away with a 22lr.

8. bass one

bass one

My JBC pcp can do that...;f

9. jasonub

jasonub

and so can my compressed competition air rifle;)

10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Malamang CZ 452 yung 22lr rifle from PB. Do a search on it, madaming magandang reviews.

11. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Thanks, batangueno. Yes, I have been hearing good stuff about the CZ 452 rifles over at the CZ forum. I'll check them out when I get a chance to pass by PBD.

12. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

2 years na yata walang CZ 452 rifles ang PB.

13. rhino465

rhino465

I have a CZ 452 "Scout" model and it's incredibly accurate. They cost about $200 here in the USA, and you'd have to spend five times that much to get a rifle that will shoot as well, much less better.

Comparing the level of quality and inherent accuracy to price, you can't get a better deal than any of the CZ 452 models. They really are that good.