Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Din't shoot the Yugo in over 15 years, and I need a bolt action hunting rifle. Somebody local wants to trade.
Fair trade? What say you?

Reactions: Ross-in-Pa

·
Western Pa
4,140 Posts
You currently have the SKS??

I would jump on it.

·
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had the Savage, I would want a couple Hundo plus the SKS.
Savage 11 T.H. with scope combo runs for $549 + $25 shipping on Gunbroker.com
A Yugo 59/66 is between $550-$650 +$25 shipping on the same website. Mine is the more rare A1 variant with pop-up night sights, so probably a couple of dollars more.
The times when Y59/66 SKS rifles were sold by Century Arms for $199 are long gone, my friend. The supply of Russian, Romanian Yugoslavian and Albanian Simonov rifles dried up more than a decade ago; the only one that are still coming in are the Chicoms, and even those are selling for $350-$400

Reactions: Rotn1 and Flags

·
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Western Pa
4,140 Posts
And I world sell it to you, but you're not in So CA.
You misunderstood what I was saying. If I were you, I would trade the SKS for the Savage in a heartbeat.

You are correct, I am not in Southern California, and will probably never be there again. Unless I have a chance to shoot trap with the fine folks at Barstow Gun Club again.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
AK's and SKS's.jpg It's a fair trade judging by the gun values today. I would ask what condition both rifles are in. (I bought six Yugo SKS' s new in a crate for $650.00)

Reactions: Rotn1

·
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m more of a military arms collector and I would say it comes down to condition..... headspace check, barrel condition.
Although the Savage looks like new from what I see in the pics, I'll make sure to inspect the barrel and load a 308 brass piece

Reactions: Rotn1

·
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the moderator who unecessarily moved this thread: this is not an attempt to sell any guns on Calguns. I was just asking for advice if I should go ahead with a local trade, gun for gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts