Rifle At Office Causes Big Police Response

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Smashy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Smashy

Smashy

CLACKAMAS, Ore. -- A woman who brought a rifle to work caused a major police response Thursday morning in Clackamas.

Someone called 911 and reported that a woman carrying a rifle entered the ADP Offices at 10155 SE Sunnyside Road, sheriff's deputies said.

Numerous police officers and deputies showed up at the scene and set up containment in the area due to the urgency of the call, according to the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

"This morning, I walked up and it was surrounded by sheriff's cars," said Allison Schmiedel, who was visiting a doctor's office in the building. "A sheriff ran out and said, 'Don't go into the building!' I waited at Starbucks until I got a hold of the doctor's office."

After about 20 minutes, deputies determined there was no threat of a possible shooting.

Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Nick Watt said the woman brought the rifle to work so she could show it to a co-worker. Schmiedel said she heard the woman was selling the firearm to someone.

Sop Kuch, who works in the area, said he's glad the incident turned out to be a false alarm.

"It's kind of crazy. These are dangerous times and hopefully people aren't shooting up workplaces but it happens," Kuch said. "You hear it on the news. I'm glad it didn't occur here."

The incident was cleared by 9:10 a.m.

http://www.kptv.com/news/22463383/detail.html

2. doubletap1

doubletap1

Gee.. is it really that hard to use a case when you transport a firearm? :upeyes:

3. Nutt51

Nutt51

How about leave it in your trunk or backseat covered and
    take the interested party out at break, lunch, or after work
    to take a look.
    If you did make the bad decision to carry it around, yeah,
    carry it in a case. Doh!!!.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

+87

With the number of shot up workplaces, it was stupid to carry it in like that.

Kudos to the people who called it in.

5. EdTracker

EdTracker GTDS Lifetime Member

Believe it or not some work places are Gun Friendly. I was working at a place that had a bring in your guns day and it was a huge hit! It is interesting to see people that you wouldn't think keep anything from intimate to intense firepower.

Gotta love the 2nd A

6. rock_jock

rock_jock

Once again, common sense dies a little more.

And I don't mean the LE response.