Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought the ride like a girl CD for my wife and it pointed out the more useful info on riding. I've also seen his live demo and was equally impressed. I think a few people here purchased the CD and are glad they have it.

It definitely teaches real world skills. I might have my wife take a course. The way I rode in mountains, I may take the course also.

:cool:

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
I heard about this dude. His teachings are more for street riding than performance riding, which is a good thing. We have a lot of performance riding schools but not too many street riding schools.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by fnfalman
I heard about this dude. His teachings are more for street riding than performance riding, which is a good thing. We have a lot of performance riding schools but not too many street riding schools.
Down here in FL, I need all the help I can get. I'm running Kisan's headlight modulators (dual headlights) and I still get SUV's making left hand turns in front of me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
Down here in FL, I need all the help I can get. I'm running Kisan's headlight modulators (dual headlights) and I still get SUV's making left hand turns in front of me.
I'm not sure your learning how to be a better rider is going to keep others from turning in front of you.

I ride like no one sees me. Things that can help are sometimes simple.

If you're riding in the left side of your lane and an oncoming vehicle has their left turn signal on move to the right side of the lane. Simple movement sometimes makes you "visible".

Maintain your speed. If you start to slow down the approaching vehicle may think you want him to go......and he will.

Keep in mind how many people a year drive into the back of a school bus or tractor trailer. They all say the same thing..."I didn't see him!" What's worse is they are telling the truth. You can't see what you're not looking at.

These people barely look beyond the hood ornament. They see absolutely nothing that happens more than two carlengths ahead of them. You should be looking about 15 seconds out and scanning, looking for unusual movement. Get "the big picture".

Keep these simple things in mind and you'll feel a bit less nervous while riding.

You may be paranoid but there really are people out to get you!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Clydeglide
I'm not sure your learning how to be a better rider is going to keep others from turning in front of you.

I ride like no one sees me. Things that can help are sometimes simple.

If you're riding in the left side of your lane and an oncoming vehicle has their left turn signal on move to the right side of the lane. Simple movement sometimes makes you "visible".

Maintain your speed. If you start to slow down the approaching vehicle may think you want him to go......and he will.

Keep in mind how many people a year drive into the back of a school bus or tractor trailer. They all say the same thing..."I didn't see him!" What's worse is they are telling the truth. You can't see what you're not looking at.

These people barely look beyond the hood ornament. They see absolutely nothing that happens more than two carlengths ahead of them. You should be looking about 15 seconds out and scanning, looking for unusual movement. Get "the big picture".

Keep these simple things in mind and you'll feel a bit less nervous while riding.

You may be paranoid but there really are people out to get you!

Good words, Clyde, thanks. The SUV not only turned left in front of me (I was in the middle lane of three lanes of traffic), but he also turned in front of a big PU truck who was to my left in the inner lane. He darted across both of us and luckily I was covering my front brake. We both got on our brakes in a hurry. :rollsmiley:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts