Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rational
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember him? He was the quirky little nerd in both of the Ghostbusters movies, as well as the parent who's machine shrunk his own kids in "Honey I shrunk the kids".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/rick-moranis-reveals-why-he-829779

A real stand-up guy. After his wife died in 1997, he all but quit acting to raise his two young children. He's so protective of them today that he won't even reveal what their names are.

I really admire and respect that. He was enormously popular in the 80s and 90s; he could have made millions more than he did. But family came first, and he has no regrets.

"I was working with really interesting people, wonderful people," says Moranis of his Hollywood heyday before the death of his wife. "I went from that to being at home with a couple of little kids, which is a very different lifestyle. But it was important to me. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. My life is wonderful."
Seriously, I will shake that man's hand if I ever meet him. That's the mark of a true man; a real father. Unfortunately, our society is lacking that today.

In a way, I'm kind of thankful that he's not involved in mainstream Hollywood. I have a feeling that he'll admit in private that the culture of Hollywood is poisonous and toxic. Hollywood has become a completely different animal since he left it in the 90s.

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
All those SCTV alums are talented.

SNL, OTH.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
Reactions: Ftttu and michael_b

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Where did this come from...out of the blue?

·
****** Viejo
29,244 Posts
He was a hoot. I'm glad he chose to attend to family matters instead of acting. tom. :cowboy:

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a God, you say YES!"
"When a 6 ft tall, red-headed, former runway model says she wants to sleep with you, you say YES!" That was directed at me, by one of my buddies, many years ago. I'm sure I have still not heard the last of it.
We all make mistakes.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Arsenio Hall did basically the same. Career on hold to be a father. Kudos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts