close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by don't tread on me, Apr 24, 2004.

1. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

2. THE VOID

THE VOID

All seem to go well. I hadn't shot a glock since Waldorf last year. This was my first look at electronic scoring. I like it. Got to range at 2pm and the waiting wasn't bad. Took a little getting used to the RO at the 5-to-Glock who didn't say "stand-by". But, if I hadn't left a plate standing, I would have been under 100. Dang plate! Also, shot my 26 for the first time. Quite a bit different. Thanks to TrooperDan for the use of a sight tool before shooting the plates. Helped a lot.

Edit: Forgot to mention the nice brass shaped burn on my neck. I took the first round in a 5-2-Glock string to the inside shirt collar. So, I guess 9 seconds of burn in a 10 second string makes a nice impression. Maybe I can get a picture of it. I am saving the brass. And it makes a nice excuse on my Am. civ score. Ha Ha.

Was nice to see some familar faces. I had a great time.

Thanks GSSF and the RO's.

Dayton

3. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

I, like The Void, hadn't shot since Waldorf last year. Additionally this was the first time I used my 23 (instead of my 17). I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I got what I deserved given the amount of time I spent (or didn't spend) practicing!

But that's my prob. The day was beautiful, the RO's efficient and polite (as always), and was just a great day for shooting.

The computer score recording was nice especially as you walk away with a score sheet in your hand.

One of the RO's told me that almost all are now shooting Comp first then Am Civ. Using the Comp as the "warm up". I did that last year and today and each time my first round scores (Comp) are better than my second set of scores (Am Civ)?!. Is this happening to anyone else? Maybe I should reverse it and quit the idea of a warm-up? I'd still shoot twice as seeing as I'm gonna drive over an hour (several depending on where the shoot is) I'm at least gonna shoot a couple hundred rounds and "double" my fun!

I saw a couple friends I hadn't seen in awhile, and you can't beat that!

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The weather, RO'S, GSSF staff were all GREAT!!! The best Richmond match to date!!!! I......on the other hand did not have one of my "banner days" and we'll just leave it at that!;P
    Thanks again to all the people who worked very hard for us to have a GREAT day for shooting! It was really wonderful seeing all our friends from the northeast again!!
    Dan:cool:

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

This was only my second trip to Richmond but I would have to say it was among the best trips I have made in the 5 years I have been shooting GSSF. The RO's were great and ran the match well. The PDS work but were very slow today. The lines kept moving at a good pace as the RO's followed the order of signing in at each stage. Great facility, great weather and a super well done to the RO's and Club Members who volunteered their time to allow us to have a very enjoyable weekend. Thanks to the outstanding GSSF Staff for a job well done. Jackie was kepted busy as usual keeping all the PDA's up and running and helping the range staff clear up and glitches that came up.

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. Richmond will remain as a must shoot match.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Mrs and I got a late start.

We got there in time to wave to sniper and GM as they were leaving.

Mrs had a good day. She got all of the poppers and for the first

time got all the plates!

The weather was great. Glen: see if you can order some of it for

Jackson next year.

Jerry: sorry to hear that one of those "lead mosquitos" got you.

Hope your neck is better today.

It was different seeing Don in a red shirt.

See some of you guys at Waldorf in a few. lethal

7. THE VOID

THE VOID

8. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

Me too. A lot of getting used too.

I was thinking about my list of excuses on the drive home, and I forgot about that one.

Of course it can't possibly be a loose nut behind the trigger, cause I tightened it up and put locktite on it Saturday morning.

I just wasnt mentally all there Saturday (no, really?) and shot like crap.

Other than that, I had a great time.

It was good to see everyone.

If it weren't for the fact that my kids like to break things and I left them at my sister-in-laws in NC - Saturday night I probably would have shut down a karaoke bar somewhere in Richmond with Fireglock and the Florida crowd

Maybe it is a good thing I couldn't stay?

9. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Got to see alot of friends that we have not seen since Kentucky and it will be Stateville before we meet again, and Jerry I feel you pain with the Led Mesquito at the 5 to Glock where I got a FAT lip from one :( If I'm right the plates where down range more than this year ?
    GM and I had a nice trip and shot really bad ;Q so it looks like Richmond is the monkey on our back, Last year the windsheld got trashed and this year the spark plug wire went bad ;6 but we made it home safe and that's all that matters.
    Rusty sorry I miss'ed you and thank for the Mag ^c Sniper

10. GlockMom

GlockMom

Well he's right about that.;Q Richmond is the monkey on our backs. The trip was better than last year, but the shooting was just as bad. Thanks to the RO who picked the brass out of my hair.

It was nice to talk to seb. I hope to see you at Marietta. It was nice meeting Vicki and Alice. I hope to see the both of you again. Sorry I did not get to talk to Kay and James much. GOOD JOB with the plates Kay!!;+;+

Daniel and Aaron had a good time with Austin. I told you they would get wet.

All the good times certainly out weigh the bad. I will be looking for better scores at Waldorf.

11. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

anyone know the final count on entries?

looked at results from last year - seemed like they had 340 something.

also - how many g37 entries were there? I had 2

and I know Don, Dan, and Danny all shot theirs

how many others?

12. seb

seb

It was nice to talk to seb. I hope to see you at Marietta.

The pleasure was mine, hope to see you soon... To all the rest of you who I had the pleasure of meeting, thanks for stepping up and introducing yourselves.. Did'nt shoot myself, but had the pleasure of accompanying a good buddy and won't forget my first GSSF.

13. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well the first match on my road to recovery was a lot of fun. ;f I had the opportunity to prove why we wear eye protection at matches even when you’re not shooting, that stung! My scores were OK, certainly nothing to be excited about but at least I can still hold a pistol and shoot! :) I’m afraid Big Blue’s return to competition wasn’t as impressive as I had hoped for but he performed well, while I on the other hand had a few slipups.

MS 83.56
    U/L 76.06

The Cavalier club is great and the ROs were outstanding this year. I really like the NetPads, having a score sheet when you leave a stage is great. While all the ROs were good we had a great time with the plates gang on the right hand rack. Those gentlemen have a sense of humor! And as GJM89 and I were leaving the plate area headed back to the car, one of our 5 to Glock ROs gave ole Glenn a quick wake up call. :) I got to see a bunch of folks I haven't seen in a good while, meet some new faces and talked with a bunch of Glockers. The Richmond match is a keeper.

There was a down side, my spare ammo ended up in Ft. Walton Beach. :)

14. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

If thats post op scores, maybe I need to go under the knife!

Glad to see that you recovered well!

;W ;Y

15. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Richmond was a good match this year. Shot a good score in U/L, not one of my best ,but felt good about all my times , everything was well under control.
    It was good getting to see all the Florida guys and ,seeing my 2 team mates,Don and Dan,( I tried to score good for the team guys).
    And glad to see Fireglock is well on his way to a full recovery. With score like that just after a major operation, I may need to watch out.^3
    Keep them scores going up Jerry, I need someone pushing me to do better. ;f
    Ohh ,by the way, I was really out voted on the dinner saturday night. All the guys wanted to go to a full flege steakhouse. So I was the lone man, had to go with the majority. Hope the dinner at the crab house was a great success.

16. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I think it was the gun. He'll do better given some time to make friends with Blue.

17. GJM89

GJM89

Great time, Great Weather, Great RO's, Great Company, Great Range,Great Action Job,While I would have liked to have shot better I've shot worse, and it was great seeing everyone.Jerry, good to have you back buddy. GM did you tell Sniper that I pulled the plug wire off.^3 ^3 ^3

18. GlockMom

GlockMom

No, I didn't tell him. You should have told me you wanted me to stay.;) I could have. You missed the part when he left me standing while he went looking for his phone. ;P

19. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

But you were not alone;) RIGHT! I kept you company......Remember;f
    Dan:cool: