close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bushmaster225, Apr 26, 2003.

1. bushmaster225

bushmaster225

Man did the traffic suck coming back to Jersey (Mostly to pay tolls).

Anyone was friendly, I believe I shot my best match yet. Range when faster then last year. Rain held off.

I pic is of a kid that was shooting fast and accurate. (I'm sure he out shot me)!

2. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

3. IPSC G34

IPSC G34 Sparky

Hey, thats me! I'll post more about the match on the other thread.

4. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

We (GLOCKhp2, 'GLOCKhp3'[the 4-yr old], and I) had a great time, as usual. The black Ranger left the driveway at 9:30 Sat morning and got back in it Sat night/Sun morning at about midnight-30. It was a long day but worth it. The weather wasn't very good while travelling, but it was great while we were at the range.

Well, this was Ghp3's first trip to an outdoor match, though he's been to several indoor leagues. He thought the steel targets were pretty cool, especially when people who could make them fall fast were shooting (i.e., not me). Thanks to all the ROs for helping keep an eye on him so we could shoot, not to mention all the rest of the hard work y'all do.

I ended up with a 151.xx (my M penalties struck again:(, and my last two plate runs were much less than acceptable;Q). I wasn't real happy with it, but it was better than Anderson so it was in the right direction. At least Thylacine wasn't there to do better!!;e You were missed, though, Thy. Wish you, LoafnGLOCK, JG-30, and ButchGLOCKbert could have made it.

Ghp2 posted a personal best 750.xx. This was his 5th match and he has improved at each of the last 3. Too bad his dad can't do the same! Excellent job, Bud!!

We had a chance to talk briefly with David Sevigny, and he autographed Ghp2's score sheet. Though we didn't visit too long, he seems like a heck of a nice guy. We also got to watch him and his girlfriend shoot some plates. Dang, he's good!! (Real revelation, huh?) She's not too shabby, either. And Bruce let us shoot Scott's .45 MecTec. Ghp2 wants one, now. I may just have to get one -- for him, of course!!;f

We also went to the social gathering at Extra Billy's and had a good time. That was some of the best brisket I've had since leaving Texas. We sat with Scott and Bruce and got to meet Glock North America's comptroller (I'm bad with names, but I believe it was Hubert). We also got to visit with and meet some more GTers, though the list is so long I won't even try. I would like to thank Don at PC for his great positive thinking and weather forecast, and a big congrats to DEJ/FL for his sub-50 UL score!!

Hope all have a safe trip home. Now I get to twiddle my thumbs till Statesville!!

5. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

match and to be honest the only thing I didn't like was that it was OVER TO FAST... lol.. drive several hours just to shoot for about a 2 minutes..

Very well run and Sunday was a beautiful day to shoot. Shot the plates pretty well 5 to Glock ok.. and Glock M.. well sometimes things just don't work the way you'd expect.. was dissapointed with my shooting on the stage.. BUT overall was a nice morning.

Saw some good shooters as I watched the Plates go down..and that was fun to watch.

Think i'll make Waldorf with some friends and then Topton in PA for my Birthday..

hunterjbb. / Jeff.

6. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Me and the crew from GunSmoke just arrive back in North and south carolina from the richmond match.It was a graet weekend for some fun shooting. Just a light sprinkle just before we got started but stop soon after.
    I shot a decent stockmeister score and a real good U/L score.Was very happy with both of my scores.
    And the dinner was great saturday night.Had some good fellowship with the members of team SideArmor and the rest of the crew.
    Good food ,good freinds. Who could ask for better after a good days shooting.

7. GlockMom

GlockMom

Let me start off by asking "Was this weekend a full moon?";P

Our trip began by leaving later than planned, then about 2 hours into the drive a HUGE rock left it's imprint in our windshield. :( Our hotel reservations were screwed up...so what was supposed to be a 5 hour trip ended up being 8-1/2.;g

I tried to use Don at PC's "power of positiving thinking"....but my hope started to fade when Saturday AM my toothpaste fell in the toilet.;u

The rain did hold off so we did not have to shot through plastic. My score was not where I wanted it to be but it was not too far from where I left off last year.

Dinner at Extra Billy's was good. I did not get to talk to everyone that I wanted to..so if I missed you, I'm sorry, I will try to find you at the next match.

Sniper and I decided to consider it practice for Waldorf....how's that for positive;K ;K

8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

This was my second match and I did ok.

The best part was meeting fellow GlockTalkers. I met DannyR, Pharaoh, and DRRod. Everybody was super nice and a real joy to meet. DannyR also introduced me to Dave Sevigny while we were having the continental breakfast at the Hampton Inn. It was pretty cool meeting one of the worlds best shooters, I just wish I could have seen him shoot at the match.

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well this was my first trip to the Richmond match and it was great. The weather was nice, the range was beautiful and the RO's did a great job. I want to personally thank them for all their efforts, I know it's not always easy spending all day or all weekend working to make our weekend great.

My shooting left a lot to be desired but that was all my fault but I had a great time meeting old and new friends. I will be back.

Now its time for me to try to get better prepared for the Dallas match this weekend.

Hope to see you'al all soon at a range nearby.

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Folks,

I may have shot poorly, but I win first place in the good times department. It was great seeing and dining with old friends, making new friends, and meeting folks from Glocktalk. Weather decent, range great, and the fellowship priceless. What a wonderful weekend for me. Now I hope I can work in some practice before the Waldorf match. Although I did not do so well on the 5TG and M, my plates run of 21.70 was my best ever.:cool:

11. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Richmond what a trip! Talk about getting there via the long way. Pickup Don at PC,in Panama City then on to Jacksonville to pick up Fireglock. Now for the rest of the trip to Richmond. When I finally stop laughing and chuckling from all the joke telling and stories told all of which made the trip up to Richmond seem like a blink of an eye. ;) I am still rolling! The match started off with the weather looking like rain but it held off. It could have been alittle brighter out but it was much better than shooting through target condoms.;f I shot my personal best in Amiture/Civilan 111.00 and in U/L a 101.54 even with a failure to eject (my own fault more than likely). Then a couple of downers Competition 136.21 and Stockmeister a 145.48, not my best but fair for me.;V

The RO's and the range where all great. They did a fine and outstanding job. Keep up the great work.

Had a great time, now it's time to get ready for Dallas,TX.

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

An interesting trip. The Florida Bunch pulled out of Richmond at 7:00 AM with a passenger and 17 hours and 45 minutes later I rolled into the garage at home, 1168.3 miles away, a new record for us. It was good to see the gang and I'll be looking forward to Statesville and another get together in the fall. It seems I still don't have the magazine gremlins expelled yet. Maybe I'll have the bugs out of the 21 by September and I'll use it. :)

Cavalier is a great range and the setup this year was excellent. The ROs were great and did a great job.

Oh yeah, Pharaoh says I drive too slow..... ;f

13. Don At PC

Now Jerry, you drove safely. You couldn't help it if the turttles tried to nest in your lap.;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

It was a great trip-----LONG but great. Still have an empty seat for Dallas with your name on it.

14. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Yes Sir it was a long trip!

Jerry, like Don, Dan and I have said sure could use another driver for the trip to Dallas? Sure would be great to have your company along for the weekend. ;)

15. GJM89

GJM89

I'm glad my cell phone minutes are free on Sunday, had to keep calling the Fla. bunch to keep them awake. Dan, we never did see you guy's at Annapolis to get the potatoe chips.;) ;) ;) ;)

16. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Kannapolis, Kannapolis Glenn, you went the wrong way! ;Q

17. Don At PC

Hey Glenn did you ever find 301? We did.

18. GJM89

GJM89

OOps and Yes;b ;b ;b

19. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Glenn
    I'll have them for you a Dallas;f When can we expect you;d
    It was great seeing the Jersey gang again;)
    Dan:cool:

20. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

The Ft Valley GA and Asheville NC "War Wagon" rolled in Saturday night. Enjoyed the dinner at "Extra Billy's" Really enjoyed figuring out how much we spent on "our" ticket :) . The ribs were great.

Sunday dawned bright and clear. Rolled into registration at 0900 and hit the road home at 12:30. We shot a total 8 guns between the four of us and our junior member Justin knocked over 90 seconds from his previous best. My co-worker Brian shot two classes at his first GSSF match and the ride home was "When is Louisville?", "When is Statesville?" "when is Conyers?" He is hooked Glen.

I shot OK. Failed to break 100 this trip and am feeling a little depressed. The LE team score looks good as the three of us kept it under 400 total. We shall see.

I was impressed with my first visit to the Richmond Match. Very well set up and easy to shoot. Our weather could not have been better on Sunday. Next time I will remember to bring a fishing pole for the lake behind the range.

Did Fireglock park the swamp lizard there during the match?

It was a pleasure meeting some new faces and I am looking forward to Statesville. Then again Brian might talk me into Louisville, as well and Conyers too. :)