Richmond, CA results ??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Steven Jimenez, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Steven Jimenez

Steven Jimenez

Hello,
    I can not seem to get the final results from the GSSF web page for that match.
    Any help?
    Thanks,

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You will when GSSF posts the finals.;)

3. gose

gose

It's just been five weeks, I'm sure the results will be posted any week now ;)

4. varigger

varigger mmmmmm GLOCK

I e-mailed the guys at the GSSF office Friday and I was told that they were working on the results before they left for the Conyers match and that the results should be out this week. I hope this helps. I've been trying to wait patiently, but I’m getting antsy as well.

5. DannyR

Relax, in 1999 the mailed results took 12 to 16 weeks to receive--no internet preliminaries either. When there is a problem, it sometimes takes a will, communicating back and forth, to resolve.

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Certainly many sit on pins & needles wanting to see how things finally shake out. But it's worth the wait for them to get it right and resolve issues we don't see. Certainly too, they sometimes have to look at multiple matches in order of occurrence, as an attendee at one may have shot well enough to change their status at a subsequent one, affecting everything & everyone.

I have noticed that once the finals are posted it's a very short time before things begin arriving in the mail so when they post finals they are literally pulling the trigger on the process that gets the office to send goodies. :supergrin:

And as my science-minded good friend at the LKP Ranch says: "Random number generation is far too important to be left to chance." Now that Conyers is over I have a feeling we'll see a batch of finals in the near future.

:patriot:

7. gose

gose

I still don't understand what takes so long. I hope they don't check previous matches manually, I'm sure they have a database that does that automatically for them?
    Also, I assume that the random prices aren't distributed manually?
    When the results are entered into the database/program/whatever they use, I don't really understand how it can take another five weeks to "resolve issues".
    After the prel's are posted, how about giving people a week to check their scores and then another week to have the finals posted? Two weeks still seems a bit long, but not too unreasonable.

8. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

Yeah, and in the 1800's mail was delivered by pony express!!

9. DannyR

My oh my, what a bunch of impatient shooters.:upeyes:

There was a match in Washington State the same day as the Richmond match, but not one complaint from Washington. Give the GSSF staff some slack. They work hard to bring matches to us.

10. gose

gose

They posted the preliminaries just a few days after the Richmond match, so I just can't understand why five weeks have to pass for the finals to get posted?

Wait one week for people to check the preliminaries. Time: one week.
    Run script/program to distribute random prizes. Time: two seconds
    Update preliminary document with prizes: Time: ten minutes

Total time: one week, ten minutes and two seconds...

I'd say that four weeks is quite a lot of slack ;)

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the matches and the hard work the staff members put in. I'm just wondering if (and how) the result reporting process can get better and faster.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

With many of the same people attending matches in succession, I'm certain there is some manual checking for the overall picture so that status at the next match is as accurate as it can be. Sometimes they have to do that within a given match's results; if someone wins their 3rd match & gets promoted it can change their other division results, and trickle down to affect others.

They have alot to do, are on the road constantly. Yes, alot of it is automated, but there are things that have to occur in order (performance awards done first before ruling out that entry number for a type of random drawing, for example).

Also, NOT everyone is really on the internet and GT'ers here make a tiny percentage of those that actually shoot matches. People have to actually get called or mailed, by real humans, to resolve issues sometimes. Maybe someone has to get to a fax machine & provide a scoresheet copy.

They've come a long way. I think Santa Claus is the one that distributes random prizes manually; GSSF uses the Post Office.

I honestly suggest at the next match that you stop by and talk to Scott or Cindy or Chris or Mark (et al) after you're shooting and visit for a bit to get a feel for what their schedule looks like on a day to day basis during the peak of the match season. I usually come away with the thought, "when do you sleep?"

:patriot:

12. gary newport

gary newport

Actually, Danny, the Washington match was a week later than the Richmond match. (One of my team mates liked his experience in his first GSSF match, he flew up to Washington and shot in his second match!)