close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond, CA Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Patricia, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Ok folks, let's hear how you did.

(filling in for Danny, who hopefully is having a great time in Statesville :))

2. lunde

lunde

I shot Amateur Civilian with my G20. Unlike the previous two years, I slowed down a lot, and this resulted in much better hits, which hopefully will translate to a better overall score. Most of my shots were in the A and B rings. I only had shots in the C ring at 25 yards, but only a couple. I had a malfunction (stovepipe) in the second string of fire in the Glock M, but clearing it only resulted in 3-4 seconds more than my other two strings of fire at that stage.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun, and look forward to next year.

3. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I used my 19 to complete in Amateur Civilian. I had a lot of fun. I had a casing fail to extract on the first string of my 5 to Glock shoot. It killed my time adding about 7 seconds. (I cleared my gun and set it down on the table. The Range Officer looked at me and said: KEEP GOING!) I also had a couple of D hits at 25 yards :(

Overall I was impressed with the Range Officers, very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed it and will be back next year.

4. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Dr. Lunde,

I wish I could have run into you. (Probably walked right by you) Maybe next year, Glad you had fun.

Steve

5. lunde

lunde

Steve, I got there at 10:30, and was gone by 11:45. I was wearing a black windbreaker and was wearing a black ballcap with the Adobe logo (a red "A"). If you were there during the window, we probably steps on a lot of the same gravel.

6. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Dr. Lunde,

I got there at 0900 and left at 1230. My buddy had the Armorer upgrade his 17 so that took a little time. Definitely a time advantage for those who go early and beat the crowd.

Next year you need a Team Jersey with Dr. LUNDE on the back so I can meet you, LOL. It was my first match of any type and I hope to find others in Northern California. Quite a bit of fun!

Steve

7. Guest

I was there shooting today too!

Not my Glock though but, my camera instead. I'll shoot my stock Glock 17 on Sunday.

Anyone interested in looking at my pics, feel free to visit my site:

http://www.johnencinas.com

-John

8. lunde

lunde

Were you the guy holding the camera with the huge lens that had a couple "bullet hole" stickers on the lens shade?

9. Guest

Yes, that was me! In fact, I am out the door to cover today's event too! I'll talk to you when I get back.

-John

10. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

Just got back. Fairly stank up the joint. Left one plate standing and shot too low on the GlockM stage. I'm pulling for top of the bottom third (turd?).

Got to see Rhea shoot. Technically it looked like he did well. However with the point system GSSF has in place even the fast guys look slow by USPSA/IDPA standards. I think the pendulum need to swing a little towards speed in the GSSF scoring system.

I've always kinda wondered why Glock does not have a demo table there. "Try before you buy" is a great sales technique and I'm kinda suprised G. does not take advantage of it. A lot of times you dont know you need it till you shoot it.

The Armorer service was excellant. I hope Richmond does not get too mad at him for destroying the flooring in the range shack with Gun Scrubber. Memo to self, linoleium and and TCE dont mix.

11. arnold ziffle

arnold ziffle aka dingle

my daughter and i shot sunday . it was the first time for both of us .we both had a great time and shot better than we thought we would .the plates, oh the plates. those were a blast.my next post will be in the wanted to buy section. we will surely be back next year.

12. Dump1567

Dump1567

My 2 cents....
    Shot worse than normal, but I claim that I only go for my buddy that shoots pretty well. Wasn't real crowded and looked like a lot of new shooters. They also were running two of each stages that really helps things move along.
    Complaints: R/O's briefing lasted until around 9:30. Some of the R/O's didn't know what they were doing. My friend and I were both first on the clip boards at each stage to shoot. One stage our scoresheets ended-up sitting in an R/O's range bag? And on another stage, our score sheets were in a "not here" pile. Which we then went to the bottom of the "here pile" when we showed-up to the stage. When I explained the proper procedure to the R/O, he blew me off like it didn't matter. I could go on, but it's the same problems I've seen at other matches. Regardless of the above problems, I think we were still out by 11:30.
    I'll keep shooting GSSF matches because I like to compete, but I wish they were just a little more organized.

13. stewart

stewart

Got to shoot my first GSSF in Richmond. I had a good time. On Sat I shot my G17 and G27. I did not really evaluate how some of the points were given, ie. should have shot a little slower. On Sunday came back and shot Unlimited and Stockmeister with the G22. Shot a little better, but still was shooting too fast. The GSSF is a lot different in Scoring than IDPA. 10 sec for a miss, WTF.

I look forward to next year. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone there, it wasn't much of a social event.

OLT, I wish there would have been a Glock vendor there. I was looking forward to picking up some accessories or T-shirts. On a positive note, the Glock Armorer did a nice job on all of my Glocks. THANKS! ;)

14. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Dump1567,

How was the hunting?

15. Dump1567

Dump1567

Does everwhere. It's like they know you can't shoot them. 3 pigs but on private property. The only buck I saw was a little spike on private property. Great area, but to much private prop. Once again I came back empty handed.

16. Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl

Hi y'all! I'm new to glock talk, but not new to shooting. I was at this match - didn't shoot it this year though. But if you were there Sunday - you saw me RO'ing :)