close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond, CA Debriefing 2003

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 13, 2003.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.

2. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I just got home. As usual the GSSF staff and the RO's did an excellent job. The Armorer fixed a couple of problem guns before the event started. The wait time for shooting was minimal and the range was run very safely.

Just prior to my group getting to the Glock M stage a shooter had a slight problem and his model 30 kaboomed in his hand. He was shooting lead reloads and the GSSF staff got him medical attention for some cuts. They bent over backwards to take care of him and his Glock 30. (He came back and continued to shoot the event, but his Glock 30 didn't, it was going for a transplant in Georgia.)

I didn't shoot very well and was not happy with my 20 and 25 yard shooting. (Next year!!!!)

On a side note: Danny, I heard a rumor from GSSF staff that next week might, and let me stress MIGHT, be the release date for the 37.
    Steve

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks, Steve. I'll check with Smyrna on Monday.

Lead reloads are tough on Glocks. I doubt that the cost savings were worth the injuries suffered.

4. Mike Hennigan

Mike Hennigan Millennium Member

This was my first time shooting GSSF in a couple of years. Richmond is a familiar range to me so I brought lunch. The armorer was one of the best I have seen in a while. I compete with New York 1 triggers normally. I tried the standard trigger today with poor results. (Trigger Alibi)
    I had my G17 GSSF series switched to a NY1 along with my G26 after the match. The armorer was able to determine that one of my new mags was defective. I had to reload on the range. (Stress Alibi)The mag body was at fault. It will be replaced under warranty.
    The range was well run,better than other years. Excellent safety, but a surprising number of smokers. The safe practice of washing the lead off your hands before smoking was roundly ignored.
    I dropped a few points in one round of plates (Earthquake Alibi) and some other events (Crosswind Alibi) too. I will practice more. I was impressed with the number of women and families that came out to shoot. Everyone was courteous and cordial. Nice Shoot!