close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Richmond, CA 2004 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 28, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your left coast stories here.;)

2. arnold ziffle

arnold ziffle aka dingle

my daughter and i arrived about 1:30 , a little later than i planned because traffic was heavy. it was quite warm with a hint of breeze. most everyone had already shot , we were shooters 162 and 163. there was always a range open with no waiting at this late time. my strategy this year was to shoot slow enough to minimize penalty time. my daughter thought she would try the same. i thought i could do 10 second runs on the m and 5. i almost stuck to the game plan . i shot the close targets too slow and the far target a little too fast to not incur penalties. a few 2s and 2 5s for both courses. my daughter , who turned 18 this year, stuck to her plan and drilled the centers. now the plates. my daughter had trouble with the plates last year but , unlike me stayed the course and mowed them down. 24 plates 26 rounds. i was happy with my effort on the plates. 24 plates 24 rounds. i thought i was joe plate. i thought sub 4 second runs. must be fast timers. the runs were low 5s. probably could have done better if i got on the first plate faster and not watched the first plate fall and then say hecky darn and hurry the other plates. thereis always next year.

the range staff did an outstanding job. it was about 90 degrees and at every stage they were professional , competant , and holding up well in the heat. when we walked up to a stage we were greeted with smiles and encouragement.all this after five hours in the hot sun. incredable. i dont think i could be pleasant in that heat.

paul the armorer is always great and goes the extra mile. ie: puts up with my jokes and smiles. since my g19 is only six months old i didnt think it needed the once a year cleaning from paul. i loaned my old g17 to a buddy to shoot so he can sneak it to him and use the same old tired joke.

all in all we had a great time. my daughter probably cut her time in half from last year and the smile on her face was worth all the heat and traffic. all the way home she was planning practice sessions and next years shoot. it doesnt get much better than this. thank you very much and we will see you next year.

3. mitchmcgee

mitchmcgee

I got one C hit on the 15 yard 5-to-Glock target. I am guessing I shot 92 seconds in Ameteur Civilian. About 8 seconds less than my Competition Division run last year.

I liked the push-pin system. It made it easy find the shortest lines. As usual the match was well run. They even had easy-ups so you got to shoot in the shade.

Arnold,

I think you were the one that complimented me after I cleaned the Glock-M. Thanks again.

Cheers,

4. Rikarin

Rikarin

Let me tell you my first GSSF story...

I picked my friend's G19 to compete in GSSF. But for some reason, G19 makes me limp wristing... no other guns, no other calibers makes me do this. I have practiced and practiced for no avail. So, today, I was like, "oh, what the heck. I am just gonna get over with competing!"

Then when I was warming up, empty shell got between my glasses and eyes, blistering my cheek. Yep. We Asian's are inferior in this department. We don't have well defined eye sockets like you guys and glasses must rest inches away from the face, generating a quite good amount of space there. Ouch! My spirit was low.

But girls don't cry. We are big and strong. Ignoring another friend's well thought suggestion, I started with steel target because I love that "ding!" positive feedback. I decided to compete in two categories with same gun -- one in competition category as practice run and the other in armature civilian -- and it was going well. I rushed bit more than necessary, missing A and B zones a lot but no limp wristing at all. Strange...but good!

Then in the very last stage in Glock M, while shooting, my gun get jammed. No worry. I am trained well. "Ok! You remember the malfunction drill.... slam it, rack it!" and my body automatically did just like that. I was quick. But!!!! bullet was still stuck!!!! I was like "what the f(*&!!!" and totally confused, doing totally inappropriate thing like trying to fish out the bullet with my left index finger. Doh. You never know what you'd do under pressure.

You guessed it right. That was the type 3 malfunction for god's sake..... No other than type 3 malfunction! Com'on, that's the last thing you'd expect! Why the heck my first real type 3 malfunction must happen in the competition??

Oh well.

That's been said, I really had a fun and its worth every bit! I got my G21C cleaned well, my friend got G19's parts all replaced with new parts. Everybody was so nice, putting up with this novice.

I wish every weekends are this much fun

5. bill rayburn

bill rayburn

I would first like to thank everyone associated with GSSF and the range for running such a great competition. I had just purchased my Glock 34 a few weeks ago, first competition of any kind everybody treated me great, provided solid advice which made for a great time. I now have to go buy another Glock so next year I can compete in more than one category.
    Bill

6. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I shot it late sunday afternoon. Pretty good turn out from what I understand. As I was packing up to leave I understand they registered #250.

Weather was very nice if a touch windy.

I think I shot very close to the score I as aiming for.

Got the guns checked out by the armorer which is always a good thing.

7. BerKim

BerKim

I want to thank Glock for making the match enjoyable for everyone.

I was an RO on Glock-M, Saturday. I think everyone had a good time.

I think it was good (low stress) for new shooters, and hard enough for veterans. Saw lots of Glocks I hadn't seen before..

It was a nice event to be a part of. Great job Glock, great job Ron
    (he coordinated it for Richmond).

Dave

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It's nice to see new shooters shooting the matches, and even nicer to hear from them in this forum.;)