Richard Allen Grenell Named acting DNI

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by The Father, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

You're deflecting again because you were caught completely unaware that all of those requirements do not apply to an acting director. So eager to flex that intellectual muscle you were.

2. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

According to the very snippet of the link from which you quoted it is clear that the DNI position is a high-level government administrative position. Directors direct, coordinate and manage people, the point is not moot just because you don't understand it.
    If your TDS makes it difficult to see the forest for the trees then it's an observation, not a personal attack.

Additionally, your question about his national security experience is a red herring.

Mr. Grenell is an acting DNI. A placeholder for whomever Trump nominates to fill the position permanently. So all your points are moot. The irony... :rolleyes:

Lastly; had any other administration hired the first openly gay cabinet member everyone would be fawning over the bravery and open mind of the President. We'd be hearing all about how momentous and historic the choice. Nobody would bat an eyelash nor would they care if he was a career Walmart greeter.
    But since Trump did it, haters must find a way to criticize and complain.

You can obfuscate and deflect all you like, and you will. But everyone knows it's true.

3. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

87891E04-2E6D-471E-A72C-3D60D27AA24F.gif

Doc McGlock and arkdweller22 like this.
  4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I thank
    the lord every day that we've had such a plethora of supremely qualified people over the years!!! Those Washington beaurocrats are a a blessing.

Doc McGlock and arkdweller22 like this.
  5. NMG26

NMG26

What loophole?

Doc McGlock and Dave Brubaker like this.
  6. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

For me, I cannot understand or accept pedophiles or pedophilia, but does lend itself to Power, Selfishness, Self-Centeredness, Control, Force, Degradation, Anger/Violence, Abuse, Evil and Dominance! We see this on display 24/7 on MSM.

These are requirements to be a true elitist! These traits also permeate into the world of government!

If one can rationalize, condone, or even entertain killing an unborn child or worse, after it is born alive, then why do we wonder that they can force themselves on a young child or adolescent,

........................for pleasure?

They are just sick ****s!

nursetim likes this.
  7. cbetts1

cbetts1

If only Hillary had won, ethics and expertise would overwhelm us all.

JFrame likes this.
  8. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

You assume too much and should maybe read more. I am aware of the requirements of this position and the law associated with the position because I included them in my replies in this thread.
    Did you read them?

Someone serving in this “Acting” role should meet the same qualifications because they are doing the job of the DNI. It does not take much thinking to understand this point.

It is no secret The President used a loophole to slide an unqualified “yes man” into this position.

9. JFrame

JFrame

Yes... The dead giveaway that DJT is in cahoots with Putin was when he was caught on a hot mike, saying to Medvedev, "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

And Medvedev replied, "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Oh, wait... hmmmm.gif :headscratch:

10. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Gay? I do not care about his bedroom choices and do not understand how this makes him qualified to do the job as DNI. Why would you care or even make this a point in our discussion?

He has no national security experience and that is a big problem. This is not an “on the job” training program with low risk.

11. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

The DNI is appointed by the President and is subject to confirmation by the Senate.

An “Acting”’ DNI will not require Senate confirmation.

12. NMG26

NMG26

That is how positions in the government work. Someone fills the position until an appointment is made. How would you fill the position while waiting on an appointee?

arkdweller22 and Dave Brubaker like this.
  13. amd65

amd65

Anyone who has served as an ambassador can be said to have "national security experience"...a very nebulous term.

14. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

87430C0F-C7C7-4011-A547-5FA339C0872C.jpeg 3DEC4EDA-A2D2-43CE-860F-D14E7BBDFC10.png 0AB52AAD-9947-4F4B-8A18-71B1F63A5703.jpeg
    Somehow, his “Actings” remain in these positions and do not become permanent. I cannot recall a previous POTUS with so many positions (some over 2 years) that were not filled. Is the President running a temp company?

The President likes his “Acting” moves because it give him “more flexibility”, per President Trump.

View: https://m.facebook.com/FaceTheNation/videos/2145768908977190/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2F2019%2F04%2F09%2F711094554%2Fan-acting-government-for-the-trump-administration&_rdr

15. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

The [D]emocrat Congresspeople who voted to enact the law as it was written knew what they were doing. If they wanted it to be different, they would have written the law another way. Your post #74 is deflection from the real issue, which is they just never pictured someone like President Donald J. Trump being the one to make the decision, they assumed it would be one of them.

Instead of pinning your issues on President Donald J. Trump, address them with the legislative branch, where they belong.

Right, and water is wet. Why wouldn't President Donald J. Trump utilize the tools which the [D]emocrats granted him?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  16. JFrame

JFrame

This thread brings back warm memories of James Clapper and John Brennan bald-faced lying under sworn testimony to Congress... :)

17. NMG26

NMG26

:crying:

Doc McGlock and Dave Brubaker like this.
  18. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

If it weren't for lies, the left would have nothing to say.

19. The Father

The Father

exactly.

arkdweller22 likes this.
  20. Jud325

Jud325

The statutory precondition for the position is unconstitutional.

2: He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

3: The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.