Glock Talk banner

RIA range report update

2528 23
Now up to over 800 rounds in my new, and first 1911. RIA compact. I have shot everything from cheap hardball, cheap JHP, Gold dots bonded ammo, mag tech 230gr +P etc.. etc... Not one malfunction...not one. I'm almost scared to clean it, it just keeps working....although it probably needs a good cleaning since Ive put some pretty dirty ammo through it. At one point I was doing three clip rapid fire on and off to where the gun was so hot you couldent touch the slide....whoever says 1911's arent reliable probably never owned one. :whistling: My only complaint, and its a minor one, for such a small, thin pistol, it sure is a heavy son of a gun. I want a full-size now, I'm looking at the SpringField Armory (mil-spec).....any sugestions for a 1911 with a max budjet of $1500......I know that leaves out a Nighthawk custom, Wilson, Ed brown and several others, but if I bought this gem for $435 there is hope to get a beautiful custom for my price range.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a Springer Mil-Spec and for a 1.5k look for a Springer TRP.

You read my mind....I am currently looking a pics of the TRP, and wow...Looks like that is going to be my christmas gift to myself!!:cool:

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My cheap, ammo eating machine....The parkerized finish may not be the prettiest gun on the block, but i'd trust my life with it.

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nathanours...wow, what a beautiful gun! Iam definatly leaning twords the mil-spec or trp. and that Dan Wesson is very slick, Ive never seen one before, I am going to have to research that, I love the clean lines. Both of those 1911"s are pure art!!

· Registered
17 Posts
I would not count out some used pistols where you can get the expensive name brands for the right price, or any gun for that matter.

I have a Night Hawk, Wilson and ED Brown and I paid 1500 or less for each of them.

I think a Mil-Spec springer with a trip to the custom shop or favorite gunsmith is always a great option... Or even like a loaded which I have and leaves lots of money leftover for AMMO.

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Take a look at the guide in my signature.

There are several nice choices at $1500 or less.

Thank you bac1023!! That is a wonderful buyer's guide! I am leaning twords the TRP, I cant afford the customs models, what I definatly know I want is, a full size barrel, and I want a nickel plated gun, the pic of that TRP made me drool, now the pic of the Valor is my favorite desgin with its clean lines...that pistol in nickel would probably be my choice.

· Registered
131,357 Posts
Thank you bac1023!! That is a wonderful buyer's guide! I am leaning twords the TRP, I cant afford the customs models, what I definatly know I want is, a full size barrel, and I want a nickel plated gun, the pic of that TRP made me drool, now the pic of the Valor is my favorite desgin with its clean lines...that pistol in nickel would probably be my choice.

Thanks for the kind words.

The Valor is stainless. Its is available with or without the black finish, but not nickel.

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words.

The Valor is stainless. Its is available with or without the black finish, but not nickel.

I dont know why I keep saying nickel....I meant stainless. You are welcome. That is a great buyers guide.

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where is the best place to purchase the Valor or the TRP online? Should I ask my local gun shop to order it for me, or can I get a better price just ordering online and having it shipped to the gun store? I'm pretty sure the shop will charge some fee for having it shipped to them if i order one online.

· Registered
10,280 Posts
Now up to over 800 rounds in my new, and first 1911. RIA compact. I have shot everything from cheap hardball, cheap JHP, Gold dots bonded ammo, mag tech 230gr +P etc.. etc... Not one malfunction...not one. I'm almost scared to clean it, it just keeps working....although it probably needs a good cleaning since Ive put some pretty dirty ammo through it. At one point I was doing three clip rapid fire on and off to where the gun was so hot you couldent touch the slide....whoever says 1911's arent reliable probably never owned one. :whistling: My only complaint, and its a minor one, for such a small, thin pistol, it sure is a heavy son of a gun. I want a full-size now, I'm looking at the SpringField Armory (mil-spec).....any sugestions for a 1911 with a max budjet of $1500......I know that leaves out a Nighthawk custom, Wilson, Ed brown and several others, but if I bought this gem for $435 there is hope to get a beautiful custom for my price range.
You have a 1911 that works? You are either a lying SOB or the luckiest man alive. Auction that thing off today at Christies, I bet you clear a few million on it.....

1911s are worthless POS that will get you killed. Take my word for it they suck......I heard the U.S. Government just air dropped thousands of 1911s to known terrorist camps, I mean they won't shoot cause they are 1911s so it makes sense!

I was playing Call Of Duty with my son the other day, the 1911 in the game I was using jammed after 1 shot and it is not even part of the computer program for the guns to jam!

I have had 1911s jam when I was dry firing them...... :)

Yep never would I carry one of those slabs of worthless steel.....no sir.....

:whistling:

See no ball washing has occurred in this post, you sir are responsible for you own ball cleanliness......:wavey:

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have a 1911 that works? You are either a lying SOB or the luckiest man alive. Auction that thing off today at Christies, I bet you clear a few million on it.....

1911s are worthless POS that will get you killed. Take my word for it they suck......I heard the U.S. Government just air dropped thousands of 1911s to known terrorist camps, I mean they won't shoot cause they are 1911s so it makes sense!

I was playing Call Of Duty with my son the other day, the 1911 in the game I was using jammed after 1 shot and it is not even part of the computer program for the guns to jam!

See no ball washing has occurred in this post, you sir are responsible for you own ball cleanliness......:wavey:
Thanks for your intelligent opinion, although un asked for, it just re-affirms my decision to carry a weapon on me at all times, just knowing that there are people like you roaming the streets is why i am thankful i have a CCL. Have a great evening :cool:

· Banned
42,095 Posts

*deep breath*

Ah, the sweet smell of sarcasm :supergrin:

300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
*deep breath*

Ah, the sweet smell of sarcasm :supergrin:

Lol! Sarcasm can be rather funny, especially if the dosage is correct. I guess what caught me off guard was the "lying SOB" excerpt, along with being laid on a little heavy...sometimes less is more, especially with good, wity sarcasm. I guess the verbosity/volume made me a little impetuous to the humor

· Registered
10,280 Posts
Lol! Sarcasm can be rather funny, especially if the dosage is correct. I guess what caught me off guard was the "lying SOB" excerpt, along with being laid on a little heavy...sometimes less is more, especially with good, wity sarcasm. I guess the verbosity/volume made me a little impetuous to the humor
Extremism in the defense of ball washing accusations is no vice! :supergrin:

Honestly around here I am like a Teletubbie, annoying but harmless. The sarcasim gets laid on pretty thick around here, mine is mild in comparison :)

Now if you wanna see some ugly post then post this in General Firearms forum or if you really want to push it post it in General Glocking! And to see the worst in internet humanity and manners post just about anything in the Politics forum :)

Everyone handgun I currently own is a 1911. I sold off all of the others so I was just messing around. I did not mean to offend, sorry :)

Plus it has been too long since we had a ball washing reference. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.