Rex Delta

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by silverado, Oct 20, 2019.

1. silverado

silverado

I was just at the gun show and got my hands on the Rex Delta from the Fime group. Has anyone shot or owned this pistol. I sure liked the gun a lot and almost walked out with it but wanted to read more first. Thanks for the help.

2. grumpy1

grumpy1

I have not seen one yet at local gun store and they are huge. A concern for such imports could be warranty service and parts availability and who pays shipping if new/newer pistol has an issue especially for brand new design. I would personally choose the new IWI Masada (which comes with cut out for optics), CZ P10C (also can come with cut out for optics), or S&W M&P 2.0 Compact over the Rex Delta at that price point.

silverado likes this.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

How much was it?

I saw a Rex Alpha at a local shop last year for low $500.

4. bac1023

bac1023

I haven’t shot one, but I’ve heard good stuff. They definitely seem solid.

5. silverado

silverado

$410 plus tax is what was on the sticker

fnfalman likes this.
  6. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

A new one? :alex:
    Must have been a used one or the shop owner got his price confused with the Zero

I got mine for 950 after shopping around, 6 months ago. It has been $999.99 at Buds for a long time.

7. apmcdaniel

apmcdaniel

That sounds about right. The Alpha is costs anywhere from $700-$999 on GB. How do you like yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

$410! Buy a used Glock and call it a day...

cheygriz likes this.
  9. silverado

silverado

I have plenty of Glocks. Wanted to try some new guns

Dave514 likes this.
  10. 45caldan

45caldan

Some should only hang out in General Glocking

11. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

I read it did not do well in trials for the Polish Police. It came in last, they chose the APX.

12. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

13. silverado

silverado

I just ordered one from a local shop. It will be here tomorrow. I will update this post with a review.

apmcdaniel likes this.
  14. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Was love at first sight which doesn’t necessarily mean the love will last for years. I wanted something Sig-ish with a long sight radius and fiber front out of the box for uspsa ect. And for less than a Shadow 2

Feels good in the hand, grips a little flimsy though. DA pull is nothing special, worse than my Tanfoglio Stock 3. SA however is 2,3# very sweet, lighter and better than the Stock3; too good to be true. Had some fun shooting 50 yards plates most of the time.

It is as accurate as my Tanfo with good ammo. Mags work well. No jams whatsoever after many sessions and it gobbles up Wolf ammo with no problems as well which is important to me.

Before I ordered, I talked to some shooting buddies overseas and word was if you want something reliable go for it…whoop de doo!

As we speak, the gun is in the repair shop at Fime group in Nevada. The hammer kept dropping into DA mode while shooting. So do I like the gun? Yes I do, …but I wanna hold back comments until the whole picture is complete and will have to take customer service into account.

Don't know if I got a lemon or if this problem is a "1st gen" thing. I presume FIME will fix it for good and then I can follow up …

apmcdaniel likes this.
  15. apmcdaniel

apmcdaniel

Thanks for the great mini-review! With the exception of that one mechanical issue, sounds like a great pistolã. I might just be in the lookout for a deal on one in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGlock21 likes this.
  16. silverado

silverado

So I picked up the Rex Delta today. I wiped the shipping oil off and put a few drops of lube on the rails and barrel. I headed straight for the range with my Gen 2 19 as well to do a side by side. Ammo was mixed 147, 124, and 115. Remington, federal, and Winchester. A mix of hp and fmj.

There were zero failures with the Delta in 225 rounds. I ran it hot and hard. The accuracy was very good with the 124 gr loads. The 115 and 147 were still good but not as tight. It could be me learning the new trigger. I have been shooting Glocks a lot lately. The trigger on the Delta is a smooth take up with a pronounced wall then breaks very clean at a little over 6 pounds. I’m sure it will get better with time and rounds. The sights I like a lot with a black serrated rear with a thinner white dot front sight(both metal). The magazine release is ambi and works very well and mags almost shoot out when empty. The slide stop looks like a tooled part and works very well. The magazine a Mecgar and that should say all that is needed. I think Mecgar makes the best mags available. The recoil spring is a single spring on a steel rod which I like. The slide serrations grip well and look good. I did change out the grip module to a Large for my bigger hands (4 sizes are included).

Now vs the Glock 19 the Delta has a little more felt recoil but just a little. The Delta is lighter by a ounce or two which may be the difference in the felt recoil. The Delta appears thinner in the slide and frame but I haven’t measured them. The grip on the Delta feels much better in the hand than the Glock 19. Funny thing is the Delta fits all my Glock 19 leather holster very well and a couple kydex as well.

I bought this Delta with carry in mind and I’m my opinion this is one of the better pistols in this size range. The dimensions are exactly the same as the 19 with better ergos and better contours of the slide. This Delta May very well replace my 19.

I will post pics tomorrow

pgg00 likes this.