Revolver prices?

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by 1canvas, Oct 30, 2020.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

After many years away from revolvers I had thought about picking up a new 4” .357. After seeing prices in the 750.00 range it was a bit shocking.
    Have the prices gone up that much over time or are these prices inflated due to current events.

2. Justamessenger

Justamessenger

Yes, you can see this in the out of stock used gun model pages at online dealers who get in police trades. When these models (ie S&W model 65) were last available, they were $200 - $300 cheaper.
    I feel your pain, I tiptoed into it with a model 10 (38 Special) in early April, and even they are scarcer and more expensive since then.

3. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Prices are probably higher today because of normal increases over time and because of current social/political conditions. I’ve really been surprised by high prices of older (pre-lock) S&W revolvers.

I was shocked at the last gun show I attended several years ago by the prices for S&W Model 65 (.357/.38). I was looking for another 65 because it’s one of my favorites. They haven’t been produced since about 2004, so there aren’t many available for sale. The best model 65 I found was $1200, and I suspect good ones are $1500 or more today.

Good luck with your search for a S&W .357 revolver. Be patient. Good ones are out there.

4. hannstv

hannstv

In the DFW area revolver prices have gone up a great deal in the last couple of years....but in the last few months they have gone up at an insane rate. Any name brand revolver does not last over a day or so on the local gun boards. It's nutz.

5. 1canvas

1canvas

I really wanted a revolver but I just can’t get there. I’ll be turning 65 and planned on getting one for my birthday. I got all of the rifles a pistols I would ever need and thought a good double action revolver would be fun to play with. My wife does have a couple of Airweights but their not much fun to shoot.