Glock Talk banner

Review my wife's recent web-site creation, Project Africa.

906 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jaltered 
#1 ·
(I noticed others had put up sites for review here on GT. Even though it's not gun-related, here goes: )

My wife has just created a website for a missions ministry called Project Africa. I was wondering if there were any kind souls out there who would like to view the pages and check the links to see if there are any apparent problems with alignment, format, or graphics.

This would help us out since we only own Macs and would like to see how the site responds on different PC browsers.

The site is currently hosted through her domain, but will change to ProjectAfrica.com soon. She's fairly new to web design and has done a few other projects. Check it out:

http://www.kalishanti.com/ProjectAfrica/index.html

Let me know if you're using a Mac or PC and what browser you viewed the site with. Thanks!

#2 ·
Works just fine with WinXP Pro/Mozilla 1.3, as well as with Debian 2.6.8 with Firefox and Konqueror.

#4 ·
Site is well done, works well on IE 6 running on Win2k pro. The paws with mouseover on the menu are a nice touch.

Good luck converting all those poor godless savages, and installing a guilt based belief system. Tribal or non-christian beliefs are inferior anyway, right?

#5 ·
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
Site is well done, works well on IE 6 running on Win2k pro. The paws with mouseover on the menu are a nice touch.

Good luck converting all those poor godless savages, and installing a guilt based belief system. Tribal or non-christian beliefs are inferior anyway, right?
You don't have to be rude. Besides, we don't even work for this ministry...the site is just a freelance gig. And if that's your attitude, you clearly don't understand what Christianity is.

Yes, tribal/non-christian belief systems (while having pieces of truth in them) would be inferior if they are not correct. Think about it. How can ALL belief systems be the Truth when so many religious beliefs contradict each other?

I'm really not looking for an open discussion, but it's something to consider.

It sounds like a church-goer rubbed you the wrong way or something. Why the animosity?

Anyways, thanks for the input about the site. ;Q Anyone else have input on the site? Thanks.

#6 ·
I am using Win XP SP2 w/ Firefox version 1. The only thing I noticed was the status bar on the bottom of my browser never said "Done" it always said "Transfering data from http://www.... etc. I don't know if that is a glitch in the code or a missed line somewhere.

Anyway, it looks good.

#7 ·
this page: http://www.kalishanti.com/ProjectAfrica/info.html toward the bottom looks weird, RH9 Linux, Firefox 1.0

See attached screenshot

EDIT: they all look like that. Seems the "page footer" is fixed in location while the page lengths vary and the "footer" is shown too early on these longer pages. Check your stylesheet. Don't hardcode the page footer location.

#8 ·
The website looks good!

That is not something I am interested in. I have a cousin who was in the Peace Corps in Africa for two years. The letters he wrote describing his moving from place to place to avoid the worst of the various ongoing civil wars were scary, and drove his dad crazy with worry.

The "rules" section under "info" is interesting.

One is:
"- No magic tricks or illusions of any kind"
?? There must be a story behind this.

#9 ·
The site looks good and loads fast on WinXP IE6.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info everyone!

Originally posted by Tvov

The "rules" section under "info" is interesting.

One is:
"- No magic tricks or illusions of any kind"
?? There must be a story behind this.
They have that rule because the region where the missions team is visiting, real magic is prevalent. The culture is heavily influenced by witch doctors and magicians, and they often perform actual magic, not just slight-of-hand tricks like we are used to here in the US. The team doesn't want it's focus to come across in the same light as the local witch doctors. Obviously, from the website, they want to represent Jesus instead.

But yeah, that's a pretty unique rule. But it's there for good reason given the culture they're visiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.