Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Banned
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-all-the-horrible-things-he-saw-on-the-job/

The guy has been making the rounds on pretty left leaning media sites and was on Joe Rogan's podcast. IF what he says is true, surely an investigation by the DA's office or the State Attorney's Office would have been in order. So the former Marine just stays mum as a supervisor until after he retires and then decides to spill the beans? Pretty convenient.

Thoughts?

· Florist
23,373 Posts
Interesting. If true, the Obama police will be all over it and make something from it. So time will tell. In the meantime, I'm sure he'll continue to be the media's darling.

· Registered
11,897 Posts
Radley Balko. Enough said.

Reactions: TBO

· NRA Life Member
75,681 Posts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-all-the-horrible-things-he-saw-on-the-job/

The guy has been making the rounds on pretty left leaning media sites and was on Joe Rogan's podcast. IF what he says is true, surely an investigation by the DA's office or the State Attorney's Office would have been in order. So the former Marine just stays mum as a supervisor until after he retires and then decides to spill the beans? Pretty convenient.

Thoughts?
Retiring after 11 years due to a "shoulder injury"? Could be legit, but after 20+ years in government law enforcement agencies, that is usually a disgruntled employee looking to get paid for staying home.

"I’ve had a pet theory that part of the reason for the crime drop of the last 20 years is the proliferation of air conditioning."

Yeah, that guy's the authority who is going to fix everything.

· GTDS #88
3,302 Posts
I may be wrong but he sounds very similar to a couple malcontents we had.

One initiated an OIG investigation. Guess what came of it? Nothing! He was an idiot with his own agenda.

His comments about growing up in a area not having to worry about police interaction, so what?

I grew up in a high crime area in NYC. I didn't get arrested, I didn't have any issue with the police. I didn't break the law, end of story.

I'm sure there are issues of misconduct, happens everywhere, but I've learned to take these stories with a grain of salt.

· Khem-Adam
2,495 Posts
This guy is a complete blithering idiot. Just look at his thoughts on use of force.

Walk up to someone and determine if a gun is real before firing? The guy who hesitates to shoot is a hero? He calls the Michael Brown shooting a bad shoot. He thinks that police search warrants are more aggressive and militaristic than actual military operations overseas.

He was never a cop. This is another over educated idiot who fansies himself an intellectual. A failed cop who could barely hack it for a decade before taking a medical "retirement" and who clearly thinks himself better than lowly police simpletons.

If he is so ashamed of the police and his role as an "evil corrupt cop", then why is he drawing a pension? I guess he doesn't feel guilty enough to give back the money he has been spending.

I hope that I'm never in a position where the only way I have to eat a living is to talk ****, lie, and sellout my friends to make myself look better.

This guy is pathetic.

Reactions: Mrs.Cicero and TBO

· Registered
10,597 Posts
I may be wrong but he sounds very similar to a couple malcontents we had.

One initiated an OIG investigation. Guess what came of it? Nothing! He was an idiot with his own agenda.

His comments about growing up in a area not having to worry about police interaction, so what?

I grew up in a high crime area in NYC. I didn't get arrested, I didn't have any issue with the police. I didn't break the law, end of story.

I'm sure there are issues of misconduct, happens everywhere, but I've learned to take these stories with a grain of salt.
I had him pegged as a malcontent as well.

If you recall the post I made a while back about the guy nobody wanted to eat with, the guy not being invited to squad outings, not being invite to his own transfer party, etc.?

This is the guy.

· Registered
9,028 Posts
Don't we have a Baltimore area cop or two? Rsagona and another guy that had a confederate flag avatar before the switch? I wonder what they have to say about this guy?

· Jagenden Übel
2,044 Posts
I listened to him on Rogan's podcast. To be totally honest, I agree with a tiny bit of what he was saying, but he was putting it on the street cop when his issue lies with the system.

He was smarmy and came off as someone who would be picking up alarm jobs while every one else is "tied up" having coffee together behind a building.

He reminds me of my old chief: smarter than you, knows more than you, has something to say about everything but was a mediocre cop and a weasel no one would have talked if he wasn't a good test taker/climber.

· Banned
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I only posted this because I visit a motorcycle forum and a guy posted the podcast. Some of them were believing it without question and THAT is what scares me more than Woods going around for his 15min of infamy . The media has always had an effect on minorities when it comes to anti-police sentiment and we see the result of their voting patterns but now ignorant white males scared of the "militarization" of the police are jumping on board. Stay safe gentlemen.

Reactions: Edhaney1

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,053 Posts
People believe what they want to.
People seek out things that support their belief system.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

· Registered
39,730 Posts
I suspect that many (or most) of us who have worn a badge for any length of time can probably put at least one name/face to this sort of thing. Some never rise above the level of line staff, but some do.

It usually makes me shake my head and wonder how someone can have done the job and have such a skewed perspective on it, and how they can sometimes manage to spout their tales and get so many people to actually believe them.

If only we could get all of them to somehow retire out so quickly, or just go away and not muddy the waters.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts