Retired 20 yr vet shows ignorance on TV.....

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by papajohn, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Check out her website. One fact that she’s proud of is that “she doesn’t bleed blue”. She become a police officer for the paycheck and benefits.

https://sgtcheryldorsey.com/about-cheryl/

As we figured, she’s a useless, entitled leach. Her mindset is that being a bean counter is a coveted assignment. No, you pogue rat, it’s a job to hide do-nothings and incomps who will get their partners killed on the street.

Excerpt:
    Cheryl Dorsey: I joined the LAPD because I wanted benefits and stability. I came in with the consent decree. I was expedited in the hiring process. I realized that the LAPD offered more opportunity than the DOJ, my previous employer, however, there were certain positions that were unavailable to me as a Black woman. Coveted administrative staff jobs in research and auditing were unavailable. Those were the most sought after vis-à-vis getting promoted to sergeant or lieutenant. They would fabricate reasons for why you couldn’t get them (you didn’t have enough time on the job or needed to be on patrol).

2. blueiron

blueiron

Conformational bias conquers all.

TBO and VA27 like this.

3. blueiron

blueiron

Don't you dare pick on Sideshow Bob!

He's erudite, well-educated, and doesn't believe in welfare - unlike that parasite Dorsey.

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

No she is unique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBO likes this.
  5. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    She may have been employed as a police officer, but she was never a cop.

6. blueiron

blueiron

In a Genetics Lab accident kind of way... yeah.

Mayhem like Me likes this.
  7. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Her entire diatribe sounds as if she was schooled by someone else not even remotely knowledgeable about firearms.What ever a double barrel extended magazine clip is I want one for show and tell-all the kids won't believe I got one.

pgg00 likes this.
  8. Dafrank

Dafrank

I had read this before, and nearly fell off my chair. I couldn't decide if this was more sad than humorous. She is a wellspring of both ignorance and misstatements. How is it possible to be a police officer and also so incredibly ignorant about firearms? It is one thing for your typical Lefty denizen of the Democrat/Media complex to say such stupid stuff, but it is entirely another thing for a public safety official to spout this nonsense. This is one of the reasons that I fear for our future.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  9. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Must build another AR-15 VERY SOON!!
    There coming for them..

10. Ftttu

Ftttu

I used to greet a female sheriff's deputy sergeant every time I'd see her in the jail while booking. I never talked to her in the years I saw her, but I knew she was probably in her position from an old administration who used to pretty much throw badges at those they wanted deputized.

One day, she confronted me and told me that she felt like a real cop the night before because she stopped at an accident scene where she directed traffic until other officers arrived to take over the scene. This 'sergeant' probably did her entire career in the jail and probably never arrested anyone on her own. I wouldn't doubt the retired female 'officer' of the OP's story may have had a similar career, maybe not in a jail, but in a similar type setting.

11. fastbolt

fastbolt

Don't forget that depending on the state, and the changing state standards, some agencies who also used to have the classification of "Matron" eventually changed and made Matrons regular officers and deputies. It's not exactly a rare thing for former Matrons who eventually became classified as regular officers and deputies to have never seen the street (nor a street FTO program).

pgg00 likes this.
  12. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Her website claims that she worked patrol, CRASH and other real-cop assignments. I wonder if she actually was on the street or was the scheduling officer, training coordinator or something similar.

pgg00 and Ftttu like this.
  13. Ftttu

Ftttu

I've never ever heard of a "Matron" related to a LE position. I've learned something new.

14. fastbolt

fastbolt

The only reason I knew about it was because I knew a few regulars who had started their careers as matrons before the classification was eliminated at my former agency.

15. Deltic

Deltic

Most people can't join because of physical(weight and other issues), mental(about 20% are not smart enough for any military job) or legal issues. Even if they could all join why would the military want them? Even in WWI having millions of poorly trained conscripts was not a winning plan. The Army and Marines are not there to be mom and dad. They need well trained, motivated professionals and there is no point in training millions of people each year and then starting all over again. I think most of the professional soldiers who made the transition from the draft to the volunteer Army would not want to change back.

16. papajohn

papajohn

Here’s a blast from the past for you two. The 1958 Police Manual from my department actually lists the titles and duties of a Police Matron. They were actually considered separate from what were titled as Policewomen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Ftttu likes this.
  17. Ftttu

Ftttu

I’m wondering if that was common throughout the US or just localized up in New England.

18. fastbolt

fastbolt

We had them here in CA, although the position was gone from my own agency for several years by the time I'd been hired (promoted to regulars), and they were featured often enough on old TV shows from Hollywood.

Ftttu likes this.
  19. ray9898

ray9898

Uhhhhh......no.

20. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Is he also a ..... murderer?!