Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 7 Posts

· Glocko
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm wondering how to go about rethreading a Glock 17 barrel. The threads are 1/2x28. I don't know much about dies but I have seen many online and most of them say they fit AR barrels. Will these models fit a Glock barrel? If not does anyone know where I can find a good die to rethreading the Glock barrel? I'm having trouble finding an answer on Google.

· Glocko
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1/2 - 28 is just a thread size. You can't really 're-thread' the barrel, but you might be able to clean up the existing threads to accept whatever you are going to put on it. How did it get *****ed up to start with?

https://www.amazon.com/Right-Hand-Thread-Die-TPI/dp/B007GT7U8I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480969850&sr=8-1&keywords=1/2+-+28+die
Thanks for the link. I'm just looking to clean up the threads. It's already threaded for 1/2x28 but when I went to put a protector on it, it wouldn't go more than 1/2" due to minor damage on the threads. The barrel was my dad's so I'm not sure how it was damaged, probably just from being used without a protector.

1 - 3 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.