Retail Chains Abandon Manhattan: ‘It’s Unsustainable’

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Valencia is a nice enough place (for CA). Spent many a nights there.

CAcop likes this.
  2. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

Yep. Hollywood is doing just fine. I can't speak to the other two industries. But in my business I deal with a lot of celebrities out there, and they are continuing to spend money like water. Nothing has changed for them. So, as long as it keeps flowing in to my pockets, I'm good. But the day they start shutting down those movie/tv/record studios... watch out. You'll see those property values drop overnight.

3. jstrange

jstrange

I feel bad anytime I see businesses close, especially mom and pop places. I know it’s the way of the world, but those closed businesses mean lost jobs and shattered dreams. With all that said, I have no desire to ever visit cities like NYC or Chicago. Just not my thing. The concrete jungle is not appealing to me. I wouldn’t mind seeing upstate NY though.

4. CAcop

CAcop

The summers are way too got. One of my college buddies is down there and he said that he and a coworker left the office for lunch and mentioned how pleasant it was that day. It was 98 degrees. I grew up in that. I did my time.

cityborncountrylivin likes this.
  5. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

Here in the Dallas area, it’s 103. At 7pm. 98 don’t sound so bad.

6. as400guy1

as400guy1

When everything leaves the cities, the dems will be able to control the masses that stay. The massas will have their slaves again.