Retail Chains Abandon Manhattan: ‘It’s Unsustainable’

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Aug 12, 2020.

1. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

As much as I hate what de Blasio and his henchmen are doing in NYC, it’s unfortunate to see one of our most prominent cities, one of the most famous cities in the world, going down the tubes.

Manhattan was once an exciting place to do business. With Wall Street, fine restaurants and hotels and theaters, it was always an adventure to visit the city. Now, it’s a city on the verge of serious decline; how far it will drop no one knows. A new mayor is desperately needed.

The turmoil in NYC will have ripple effects throughout the world of business and high finance unless something changes very soon. It will be interesting to watch, but it may be sad to see.

2. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

It's just not NYC...

It's Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Detroit, Baltimore, take your pick. Urban blight. Who wants to live in a cesspool and moreover, attempt to raise children and a family in such an environment. You can't even walk down the street without getting robbed, stepping on a syringe, or see homeless people begging everywhere.

And zero, zip, nada, federal dollars should be given to these lefty liberal sh--holes to rebuild or for whatever garbage lie they will tell to get money to line their pockets and give away. You broke it, you fix it. Until people start electing the right people to deal with these issues... history will continue to repeat itself.

CAcop, DonGlock26, Boundertom and 3 others like this.

3. Intolerant

Intolerant

All run by democRATS... hmmmmmmmmm, what could go wrong :cheers:
    If people cant see these democRATS for what they have done, well then they should have their voting rights taken away. DemocRAT voters ARE the problem. Thats why these places are burning.

4. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

It can, and will, come back. But, they'll need different leadership, or at least a different leadership style, to do that.

5. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

damn, I am glad I am old, heading out..........

1bigK likes this.
  6. slackercruster

slackercruster

Born L.A. - NYC 2nd Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
    bq-5ca76942723e5.jpg

CAcop, DonGlock26 and jr24 like this.
  7. cityborncountrylivin

cityborncountrylivin

1973-74 junior and senior year of high school my buddies and I would drink beer on the roof of a 12 story building overlooking the Lower East Side aka Alphabet City, Thompkins Square.

We used to be able to walk around there as 8 and 9 year olds to go to the library or the playgrounds. 1972 the fires and the gunfights started. We would just watch the different police and fire operations going on all night. It was ...unbelievable, and it only got worse until Guliani became Mayor.

8. jr24

jr24

Whenever I see one of those things I wonder what it will look like in 60 years, thinking of the old Navy vets I knew with the faded blob tattoos on arms no longer muscular.

It'll just be dropping loose skin everywhere, and can't be sanitary.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  9. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

C'mon, man. That guy's not planning to make it another 60 years...

10. B C

B C

In March things were ok. Within 4 months of Democrats being Democrats, the city is a ****ing ghost town. I've seen videos and no one is around. Storefronts are boarded up. It looks like something from an apocalyptic movie, but it's just life under Democrat rule.

California chased all the big companies out and let those wonderful Democrats spread out among the red states. I said they were intentionally doing that. Now we have NYC and a lot of other parts of NY doing the same thing. They'll flee Chicago next. It's no longer a guess if they are intentionally doing this any longer.

11. jr24

jr24

Oh, but like this cat my wife I has, he'll live to 100 just to spite us all.

jcm3 and Dukeboy01 like this.
  12. 1bigK

1bigK

I hope that they do bail on Chiraq. Can’t say that I would blame them. City did not hold up their end of the deal and with defunding the police, that is sending the message that this could easily become the new normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 1bigK

1bigK

And an awful lot of opportunistic criminals looking to continue and scratch out a living.

14. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

They all blame trunp for what leftie idiots have done. Does not work for me.

cityborncountrylivin likes this.
  15. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

PSST. Some of us want to wall off Denver and Boulder....better get out while the getting is good...

1bigK likes this.
  16. 1bigK

1bigK

That thought has been floating around, especially in the conservative mountain communities, for a long time now. The problem is no one ever did it, and now you all are to late. You need to wall off a lot more than just Denver/Boulder. According to the maps showing voter tendencies for the last state election the infected areas are:
    Pueblo, the front range from Denver to Fort Collins, and along the I-70 corridor from Denver uphill to almost Aspen. The commie liberal poison has spread.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    fx77 likes this.
  17. thewitt

thewitt

18. CAcop

CAcop

California has just gone to three industries that do ok. In order: tech, Hollywood, and agriculture.

Being a car based state ****ing up SF and Oakland hasn't hurt Palo Alto, Campbell, Cupertino, most of SJ, and even distant suburbs of Morgan Hill, Gilroy, and Pleasanton.

Hollywood will still have the hills, Santa Monica, and Culver City to keep them employed and safe. I find it interesting that shows like NCIS are filmed in distant suburbs like Santa Clarita.

As for agriculture, its okay. Lots of land, plenty of water from the snow melt in the Sierras, long growing seasons, and plenty of illegals working in the fields.

bobmitchum likes this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

What is being reported is that one of the main Antifa instigators and that has marched with Polis and Hancock is from Loveland. It sounds like he started the crap in FoCo. Don't think he is one that got a beating though. Seems he is smart enough to get others to take the beatings for him.

20. cityborncountrylivin

cityborncountrylivin

Most of the guys I grew up with still live in the city. They are all very educated Ma’s JD’s etc, liberal, anti-gun, orange man bad types. We can barely have a conversation. Since March they’ve all been living in their vacation/beach/lake houses, i.e. dachas. Last time we argued I suggested that they should give up one of their homes to a less fortunate family. It was not well received.

fx77 and CAcop like this.