Response from my congressman regarding HR1022

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RMTactical, Mar 15, 2007.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

Thank you for your letter regarding the reauthorization of the so-called "assault weapons ban" first passed in 1994 during President Bill Clinton's first term. I appreciate your input on this important issue.

First, I would like to emphasize my support for the Second Amendment as a protection of the right of individuals to own firearms. Since I arrived in Congress in 1996, I have always worked to ensure my constituents' right to bear arms, and I will continue to do so. The 1994 ban on a variety of semi-automatic weapons was-and still is-a futile attempt to curb violent crime. Our efforts should focus on criminals. Prohibiting guns will not solve the problems facing our society. For example, despite a near-total ban on guns, the District of Columbia has one of the highest crime rates in the country. The solution is likely to be more difficult, including a retrenchment of moral standards and family values, and enforcement of existing laws.

We must stop treating our law-abiding citizens who wish to own firearms as though they are criminals and allow them the full spectrum of rights granted to them by the Constitution. Rest assured that I will work hard to defeat any legislation that would reinstate the assault weapons ban.

Again, thank you for taking the time to inform me of your views. Please write me again in the future if I can be of assistance on this or any other issue.

Warmest regards,

Chris Cannon

2. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Guest

Same thing I got, mine is over at arfcom.

3. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

How long did it take you to get a response? I sent a letter to both of our US Senators and my congressman. Haven't heard even a boo back from any of them.

4. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

That's awsome, I too have been waiting days for a response.

5. Cokeman

Cokeman Glock 23

I got that same one too. It took several weeks.