close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

resources for glock 17

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by brawnless, Jan 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

anybody know where to purchase armorer's manual / books / guides for glock pistols here in the philippines? thanks!

2. night fighter

night fighter

Try final option at makati cinema square, they seem to be the best source for glock accesories and parts.

3. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I used to own a Glock 17. I still have the book (hardcover). I forget the title but it's the inductry standard Glock book that everybody is supposed to read. I'll PM you since I'm willing to sell it for a really low price. Will PM you the exact title and author.

The Armorers Manual- well, I got it off the internet. I gave my copy to the guy who bought the Glock 17 from me. It's downloadable off the internet, do a Google search. But frankly the Armorer's Manual doesn't tell you much that you don't already know.

4. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

thanks in advance. :)

would it be ok to elaborate?

5. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Well, I'm near 60 and I have some arthritis in my finger joints.

After owning the Glock for two months or so I realized that for my fingers, the grip was kinda wide (I had put Handalls on it for extra traction) and that's not good for the finger joints; more important, when the gun was down to its last rounds it just jumped too much to be comfortable for my arthitic finger joints.

So, I got a much heavier gun - the S&W 686Plus stainless steel revolver at 38 ounces empty, versus the metal-plastic G17 at 21 ounces empty. It felt better than the Glock - the Hogue rubber grips were thin, comfortable, and had good grooves, and recoil absorption even with .357magnums was good. Mainly I use .38 splcl. +Ps as it's an indoor house-defense gun.

So, I sold the G17, with various related items. Kept the book though.

If you don't have any arthritic fingers,you'll be all right with the G17. But you'll probably shoot to the left and low in the beginning,like all other Glock beginners.

The Glock was meant to be carried by Austrian soldiers who were burdened with all sorts of other gear- imagine them in the winter- so it's light. If you don't intend to carry it, well you don't really need a gun that light.

Lastly - neither gun has a safety, but I'm more comfortable with the smooth but longer and necessarily deliberate pull on the S&W revolver , than with the Glock's much shorter trigger pull. Yes, yes, "ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO SHOOT", but nobody's perfect, and it might be somebody else's finger.

Enjoy your G17 !