close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rescued GSD needs muscles toned.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by UK Pro Gun, May 22, 2006.

1. UK Pro Gun

UK Pro Gun Dimension one

It's possible that in the next week I will be getting an approx. 1 year old male GSD from a rescue centre.

The dog is basically sound apart from his showing ribs and possibly weak in the back legs.

So any suggestions on how to build up his muscles?

He seems to be a very good natured dog trying to lick people's hands through the wire mesh of his kennel. He is very attentive and notes what is going on around him.

2. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

I think dogs bounce back from weight\muscle issues pretty easily...It's been my experience that it's easier for them to gain weight\muscle, then to go the other way and loose weight..

My GSD Axel had life threatening problems a few years ago, and lost lots of weight. To the point he looked emaciated. After all his surgeries (and draining all my savings:)), we just fed him a little more that we usually did (suplimented with boiled hamburger and chicken), walked him all the time, and took him to the park everyday to "romp"...He was healthy as a horse in no time...Excerise is key...

Confer with your vet...They'll point you in the right direction...

Best of luck with your new furry friend!;)

DD~