close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Request to Lock G1 Niner Membership

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by ambassador, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ambassador

ambassador

Best wishes for 2006 to GT and all its administration.

Thank you for all your support in setting up and managing the G1 Niners forum. From its humble beginnings it has risen to become one of the most popular forums on GT with a very active membership.

However as the numbers continue to grow (may be in excess of 200 right now) I am finding it difficult to keep track of everyone. I am therefore requesting that you close membership to this forum. 200+ members is far better than I could have hoped for.

Thank You Again
    Ambassador

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

ambassador,
    We don't shut down number threads. We don't set limits on how many numbers we hand out. If someone request a number, we give it to them. I handle both the Niner's Club and 1911 Club number lists. I have over 500 on each list I imagine. I also keep a backup list on my home computer should the Glock Talk server crash again. I also Administer the site.

Don't make it more difficult than it is. How many request for numbers do you get a week? I can't imagine it is very many. I have about a half dozen request per week per club. I do it daily and it only takes a minute or two to add someone to my backup list and then to the site list.

If you just don't want to do it anymore, ask some others if they want to take it over. I don't want to see it shut down and I'm sure other members of the G 1 Niners Club want to see it continue to grow.

Meanwhile we'd like to thank you for your time and effort in handling the number request for the G 1 Niners.

Eddie C.;)