'Republicans' Fired-Up

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by hogfish, Oct 5, 2018.

1. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

I just heard someone say that Republicans are more excited (willing to vote?) now than before the Kavanaugh hearings. I am not a Republican, but am excited also. This is what we call WINNING, isn't it?

robhic, fxstchewy, janice6 and 6 others like this.
  2. pblanc

pblanc

I hope so. I know a lot of conservatives are resentful of the dishonest, slimy tactics that the left has sunk to and are motivated to fight back. I hope that some independent voters are as well.

I am doubtful that the Democrats tactics have persuaded too many to vote for them that were not already going to do so. I guess we will find out soon enough.

janice6 likes this.

3. dudel

dudel

https://spectator.org/npr-dem-voter-enthusiasm-gap-lead-has-evaporated-after-kavanaugh-hit-job/

Yes, the Democrats have energized the base with this heinous stunt, it just happened to be the wrong base.

There were still plenty of us who were going to vote Republican in November because we worry about the Supreme Court. What Feinstein and the Democrats have done now, however, is begin pushing Never Trump Republicans who were basically checked out of the process into being heavily invested in making sure she doesn’t get away with this.

Anecdotally, every Never Trump person I’ve been in contact this past week has been what they’re calling “radicalized” by this.

I think independents have been turned off.

4. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I have never seen the turtle as fired up as he was today. I like the fact than he orchestrated the vote to hold the senate in DC on Saturday.

Atomic Punk and narkcop128 like this.
  5. JK-linux

JK-linux

Sadly, the new dynamic for legislation is:

one side passes a law
    the other side appeals the law...
    and appeals, appeals, appeals until it's overturned or neutered...

As such the courts are now the important part of the equation, moreso than actually getting a majority in control. It's also how "laws" get put in place which never had the support of the majority of the people who voted for the legislators that pass laws to begin with.

And, as such, I'm fired up to get conservative judges appointed in as many places as possible. That mans holding the line for now Federally, and elsewhere so that leftists can't revert everything back next year, or in two years.

janice6 and dudel like this.
  6. ZX14R

ZX14R Silver Member

giphyll.gif

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    janice6, B C and Karambit777 like this.
  7. marchboom

marchboom

Using this method the will of the people means nothing. We can vote in anything we want (ask Californians) and if the democRATs are in the high courts it will be overturned. And that's how the democRATs want to run our country.

This method leads to "alternative methods" of insuring that the people will get what they voted for. DemocRATs beware. Your anti-American methods might come back to haunt you...at the very least.

janice6 likes this.
  8. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

9. Webologist

Webologist

janice6 and dudel like this.
  10. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

janice6 and ZX12R like this.
  11. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Republicans should be fired up ALL the time. It will be a continued war to keep the filthy dogs out.

Mtnfolk75 and marchboom like this.
  12. marchboom

marchboom

I agree. As was said on a recent radio show, you wouldn't buy season tickets to a pro sports team if they're losers, would you? But the winning teams have a lot of people lining up to buy tickets. As Patton said, "Americans love a winner, and will not tolerate a loser."

People voted for Trump because they were not satisfied with the democRATs and what they did to our country for the last 8 yrs. But now we have proof of what Trump can do and has done. Now is when even more people should get out and vote for the people (congressmen and senators) who will make it possible for Trump to continue making our country great.

If Trump doesn't have a majority in both houses his efforts will come to a stop. And that's EXACTLY what the democRATs want.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  13. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Republicans better vote. Their lives depend on it. And they better start getting familiar with the "box" that comes after the voting box, because that's not far off.

janice6 and Ramjet38 like this.
  14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

A bigger majority, so one egotistical maverick can't hold the nation hostage by threatening to reach across the aisle, unless his price is met.

marchboom likes this.
  15. G17Jake

G17Jake

I get a little suspicious about why Graham is so strongly denouncing the democrats behavior. Are we to believe Graham is excited to get a strong defender of the COTUS on the Supreme Court?

16. B C

B C

This Kavanaugh BS gave us the shot in the arm we needed to fire up the base at just the right time.

dudel likes this.
  17. Webologist

Webologist

Just listened to the Collins speech. Looks like the latest justice of the Supreme Court is Brett Kavanaugh!

Update: Joe Manchin is also a yes. (The only D voting yes)

Time to head over to DU to soak up their pain and agony!

I can't wait for some of the GT leftists to start crying too!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018