close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

republicans aren't racist

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Shawn 3212, May 18, 2017 at 2:15 PM.

1. Shawn 3212

Shawn 3212

We as republicans are accused of being racist all the time. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt we aren't, but other Republicans who listen to the diarrhea flow from the mainstream media become concerned about what their party stands for. This thread is here to prove to everyone that republicans aren't racist. The reason I know is because I'm half Filipino and my mother is an immigrant who adamantly apposes ILLEGAL immigration. We don't let people immigrate illegally because we are racist, we do it because we don't want people coming here to leach off the welfare system. If you come legally, we welcome you. Everyone give your reasons below about why we as republicans are not racist as a group. We aren't just talking about illegal immigration here, but also the conditions of black communities, affirmative action, etc. That being said, let the triggering begin!

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Everybody is racist, according to somebody's definition. But, as far as I can tell, Democrats are the most racist large political party and the left is the most racist part of the political spectrum.

3. MImjb

MImjb

there is one party that ALWAYS plays the identity politics game. I was raised that you hire the best person for the job regardless of who or what they are. One party always calls for more inclusion, quotas or mandates. That to me is the epitome of racism disguised as help

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Republicans, like Democrats, Libertarians and whatever other political party members -some are racist and some aren't.

That's the fact of life.

Deltic, oldman11, Fred Hansen and 3 others like this.
  5. Handy

Handy

I have never run into as many claims about the inferiority of black people and the dishonesty of Jews as I have on forums with "Republican" predilections, like gun boards. If Republicans are tired of being called racist, we should ask those who are obviously and proudly racist to stop speaking for us. I don't care what your take on the Middle East is, but don't claim to not be racist if you use words like Sand N****r, or tacitly condone those who do.

Alt.right, according to the man who coined the term, is white supremacist. Are they Republicans? Do some of them work in the White House?

Racism is strongly involved and widely tolerated within the Republican ranks, whether all of us agree with it or not. Pretending it isn't there is absurd.

fnfalman, jame, SevenSixtyTwo and 2 others like this.
  6. MImjb

MImjb

racism is rampant in the US, not just the republican party. There are people of X race who will always think that people of Y race are inferior. These are democrats, republicans, independents, and everything in between. Speaking out against people who are obviously and proudly racist should be a priority of everyone in any party

7. AzItLies

AzItLies

It's funny sometimes :)

We get comments in threads like these all the time 'everyone is racist' (so I guess that's meant to imply it's "OKAY"?).

Look, which Party is always trying to limit what minorities can and can't do? And which Party is always trying to help minorities?

Honestly. stop rationalizing everything and just look at the truth right in front of your face...

8. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

I like to remind them that the slaves were freed and the vote was given to blacks by old white male REPUBLICANS.

They'll claim that all the conservative racists left the democrat party and joined the republicans. Nope, that's not how it worked. The segregationists switched tactics once they realized they could not stop blacks from voting.
    IMG_1695.JPG

Government dependence replaced chains and whips.

IMG_1704.JPG

The Machinist, flyover, Cambo and 2 others like this.
  9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Which lead to the obvious question - why do you even go to such places? You seem to be frequenting forums full of your political opposites, so you can argue. We call that trolling.

dudel, Fred Hansen, JFrame and 4 others like this.
  10. MImjb

MImjb

I assume this was directed partly towards my comment, which had you bothered to read it was not implying or stating in any sense that racism is "okay." In fact, it says the exact opposite and that racism in all forms, regardless of who is spewing it, should be denounced.

Seriously, go back and re read what I wrote

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM
  11. Handy

Handy

1. Guns.
    2. I don't think Republican should be racist, as you obviously think they are by saying they are my "opposites".
    And yet 150 years later that same party is populated by people that protest that "slavery wasn't so bad". I don't know if I would say that the Dems and Reps have traded sides, but today's Republican party certainly doesn't seem to be the "abolitionist" party.

Of course, it is just a lie of history to say that Democrats were the party of Southern slave holders. Democrats existed North and South and had a Southern only candidate and a pro-Union, "Freeport Doctrine" candidate running in 1860. After Secession, the Confederacy had no political party.

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
  12. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

there is only one party that has the "lock" on hate and intolerance.
    one only has to look at hollywood and any twitter reaction on any political opinion.

in fact, look at the left and twitter today just on Roger Ailes death.
    disgusting tweets from all walks of life from the left.
    they own hate. they eat,live, breath hate. they cant help it.
    it's like a modern day drug. one can only hope that it kills them like a lethal intoxicating overdose.

13. "Doc" Cavalry

What have you been smoking. Slavery is the antithesis of freedom. Who is saying "slavery wasn't so bad"????

After the confederacy the Democrats wrote and defended segregation, Jim Crow Laws and founded the KKK.

The only difference is once the democrats figured out they could not stop blacks from getting the vote, they had to co-opt them. So just like LBJ said, he gave them a little taste, not enough to matter, just enough to make them feel dependent, all the while the superior whites would tell them that they could not make it without their help, and any mean old republican that wanted them to work instead of stay home and collect a check was a racist.

All you have to do is look at the Voter ID push. The real racists think only white people are smart enough to get an ID. You democrats pretend to be for equal rights, but what you are really for is the soft slavery of low expectations and patronage in exchange for loyalty. Look what happens to a conservative black man in the company of democrats now.

Agonizer, arkdweller22 and janice6 like this.
  14. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I married a beautiful Mexican girl and we brought two beautiful mixed girls into the world. We all know a Mexican is the next thing to a ****** right?

ModGlock17 likes this.
  15. Handy

Handy

I recommend you re-read the Jefferson Davis thread for the slavery apologists.

However, you are making a case against Democrats by supposing a monoculture for all of the history of the Democratic party. It isn't and never was. In fact, Lincoln won the election because of schism between north and south Democrats leading to two candidates. You can read, so I don't know why you would deny this history.

It is tiring to have to contend with the empty-headed claims about either Republican or Democratic party as being one way in all places for all time. The Republican party wasn't "conservative" until Reagan, and the Democratic party existed outside of slavery and Jim Crow in abolitionist states for its entire history.

Overall, it is a view of history that is very similar to racism: That a particular group of people is all one way, always were one way and will forever be one way. But obviously the Democratic party lost the South in 1964 for supporting race equality and Republicans of the time were happy to pick up the votes.

16. Random

Random AtticRat

It's a pick and choose game of semantics. Before the party realignment in 1964 the democratic party used to be the conservatives. So now, at their convenience, either side can seamlessly shift in referring to themselves as liberal or democratic vs conservative and republican while picking and choosing what part of history to blame on the other. (Broad generalization here) Don't worry about the guy that calls himself republican. That's just a political party. Look for the guy that says he's a conservative. That's a belief structure. The white supremacists were consistently the conservatives of whatever time.

17. Handy

Handy

Before 1964 the "conservatives" were the Conservative Republicans and the Conservative Democrats, which were each branches of their respective parties. FDR was not considered conservative.

18. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I call it a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see a new guy that speaks openly, posts intelligently, and doesn't march in lock step with some of the more outspoken members here.

If no one can see the undercurrent of obvious racism, they're either blind, can't read, or are in denial. It's certainly not a view held by the majority, but the point of the matter is that it's really there, and tolerated, by members on most right leaning web forums.

BTW......welcome aboard, Handy.

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 11:02 PM
    Random and AzItLies like this.
  19. ItnStln

ItnStln

Well said. The democrats are still the racists.

20. "Doc" Cavalry

The conservative/liberal opposition/support of slavery is a myth. Look at conservative litmus test stances. Pro gun, small government, individual freedom, anti-abortion, fiscal responsibility, individual responsibility. How does that align with slavery? Now let's look at what we call liberals today. Pro abortion, statist, nanny state, controls on liberty, against guns meaning easier to control, pro population control, pro giving minorities money while telling them they can't make it without help like affirmative action and racial quotas.

The realignment was the democrats moving from open subjugation to the softer racism of lower expectations, government dependence and peasant status while claiming anyone not wanting to increase the goodies handed out was a racist. LBJ even said it when he flipped and started supporting the civil rights act.

IMG_2188.JPG

The democrats haven't stopped being racists, they just point and scream that everyone else is to stop the logical debate on who is a racist.

Low expectations and dependence.

IMG_1697.JPG

Rewriting history to cover their tracks.

IMG_1692.JPG

Don't run from your heritage.

IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

The Machinist and Budqweiser like this.