GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20,657 Posts
More often than not, Collins votes on Trump's side.
Anyone who would prefer a Democrat senator understands neither arithmetic nor politics.

Unlike Romney, Collins voted Not Guilty on both of the articles of impeachment against Trump.
I'm certainly thankful she was there for the 52-48 and 53-47 votes, and also for the 50-48 vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh. I'm glad our side won.
Collins got Trump's second Supreme court nominee confirmed but people on here still want to crap on her.

·
NRA Life Member
63,416 Posts
If they vote the same way on Monday, they will hopefully suffer the wrath of the voters. I hope they enjoy their careers at petsmart.
Murkowsky said she would vote with the left-wing on all procedural votes, but would vote yes to confirm, thereby making everybody on both sides hate her for the idiot she is.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Murkowski, Collins & Romney are trouble makers for those of us who believe in the constitution. They just want attention, I guess. They need to be replaced by more reliable people.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
When this election is over a strong effort should be made to replace these RINOS with real conservatives for the next election. They are a definite threat to the Republican party. These RINOS were probably the same kids that didn't play right with the other kids in school.
Good luck getting Maine to vote in a "real conservative". Anyone who replaces Collins will definitely be to the left of her and in all likelihood will have a D after his/her name.

Murkowski is another story. Alaska should be able to do better.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
It's not based on any principled argument against ACB being a justice. If that's what Susan Collins is going to do, then she is absolutely no different than a Democrat. Might as well have a Democrat take her seat.
While she may be no different than a Democrat in this particular instance, she doesn't always vote against Trump. Sadly, recently, she has voted against Trump the majority of the time. A Democrat would have done even worse, tho.

Rarely would it be better for a Senate seat to be held by a Democrat rather than a left leaning Republican. Control of the Senate is critical.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts
Murkowsky said she would vote with the left-wing on all procedural votes, but would vote yes to confirm, thereby making everybody on both sides hate her for the idiot she is.
Doing no harm to Barrett's confirmation.

Murkowski, Collins & Romney are trouble makers for those of us who believe in the constitution. They just want attention, I guess. They need to be replaced by more reliable people.
Their power exists because the GOP majority is so slim.

·
Making America great again!
16,228 Posts
Rarely would it be better for a Senate seat to be held by a Democrat rather than a left leaning Republican. Control of the Senate is critical.
But what does "control of the Senate" mean if you've got several in your party that vote with the other side?

Sure I'd rather see a Republican majority. What's needed, and never seems to happen, is that RINOs like Collins and Murkowski need to be primaried! (And maybe throw Romney in there) But that never happens. And the reason it doesn't is that all the big money goes to the incumbent.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
I understand Collins, she's a moderate Republican in a moderately liberal state. But I've never understood Lisa Murkowski. I always assumed Alaska was pretty conservative, am I wrong on that?

·
Registered
20,657 Posts
But what does "control of the Senate" mean if you've got several in your party that vote with the other side?

Sure I'd rather see a Republican majority. What's needed, and never seems to happen, is that RINOs like Collins and Murkowski need to be primaried! (And maybe throw Romney in there) But that never happens. And the reason it doesn't is that all the big money goes to the incumbent.
Control of the Senate means your party elects the Senate Majority leader who basically decides on everything brought to the floor to vote. Do you want Schumer in that job?

·
Free Full Clip!
17,135 Posts
I understand Collins, she's a moderate Republican in a moderately liberal state. But I've never understood Lisa Murkowski. I always assumed Alaska was pretty conservative, am I wrong on that?
Alaska is conservative and that's why she's always run as a Republican even though she isn't one. And because Alaska is a conservative state, that's why they won't vote for a Democrat to replace her, and for some reason The Republicans can't find a strong and well financed candidate to beat her in the primary.

A Republican almost beat her years ago, and at first had more votes, but she pulled some strings and launched some kind of write-in campaign and won by a narrow margin. She's part of a big entrenched political machine in Alaska started by her father, Frank Murkowski.

Hopefully the Republican party in Alaska will find a REAL Republican to run against her in the next election.

·
Registered
20,657 Posts
Sorry, I made a mistake, it happens. Since you can’t make the connection I’ll state it correctly for you.

That dog don’t hunt. Every once an awhile the senate switches to the communists, it’s a natural fact. If our republic is so fragile that we have to claim double agents, then our republic is doomed and there is nothing that can be done to save it at this point. Kick the traitors out of the party. If those two are what keeps us safe, we are well and truly ****ed.
You want to cut off your nose to spite your face. This is not the Senate of old. They already eliminated the filibuster rule for judicial nominations. If the Dems win the Senate and White House now, they will eliminate the filibuster rule for bringing legislation to the floor. They will pack the Supreme Court. They will vote to make DC and PR States to add 4 more Democrat Senators. And there is not one damn thing you or I can do to stop them. If you want 2 or more likely 4 years of that crap good luck.

·
Registered
15,380 Posts
Collins needs to be Primaried out in ME and replaced by a real Republican - though I think ME is too far left to make that happen. Losing the seat and risking the loss of the Senate Leadership is a tough pill to swallow though, so I hope she wins this time even though she is about as Republican as Bill Clinton...

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts
Collins was challenged in the primary this year.
She won 98.79% to 1.21%. Maybe she's Maine's only Republican.
She's not as old as she looks or sounds, she's 67. Seems much older. :fred:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Control of the Senate means your party elects the Senate Majority leader who basically decides on everything brought to the floor to vote. Do you want Schumer in that job?
And you get to Chair all the Committees which decide what gets through there too.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Alaska is conservative and that's why she's always run as a Republican even though she isn't one. And because Alaska is a conservative state, that's why they won't vote for a Democrat to replace her, and for some reason The Republicans can't find a strong and well financed candidate to beat her in the primary.
I would volunteer, but I'd need vart to loan me his trailer so I could move all my ****. Also, I smoked weed once on May 3, 1984. And I smoked weed once on May 4, 1984. And I smoked weed once on May 5, 1984 .....

41 - 60 of 66 Posts