GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
I hardly "go out" anymore. Guess I am becoming a hermit.

And yet I still carry iwb even at home. It's the only carry method I have ever done.

I don't feel completely dressed without a sidearm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,112 Posts
Well I travel around the country, mostly shooting. I know many people that have never left their own state, sad but to each their own. So I would like to see reciprocity with states & ccw, so I can legally carry on any state I visit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jk_226

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
I agree & disagree. I see a lot of people with guns that I dont think should own them much less carry. Either so poorly trained or just the wrong mindset. Still, I would like to see all 50 states have reciprocity, like a drivers lic. That would include NYC. Most of us have to have more than one ccw just to carry in another state. Of course with Biden as president, & liberal gov, aint gonna happen.
Yes I agree with you but the key word in my post was, "QUALIFY" which means Training, Mental Health and other things that would make a person qualified to purchase and carry a firearm! Unfortunately, In my former profession, I have seen the effect of a person given a gun and then seeing a negative effect it has on them as they do their job. We just can't weed out all the misfits in our society but these States should be Forced to Abide by Our Constitution but this Issue is never brought up during our Election Time and all we get is phony BS and Lies! "God Bless America"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
and the Dems think they will take that away from us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,112 Posts
Yes I agree with you but the key word in my post was, "QUALIFY" which means Training, Mental Health and other things that would make a person qualified to purchase and carry a firearm! Unfortunately, In my former profession, I have seen the effect of a person given a gun and then seeing a negative effect it has on them as they do their job. We just can't weed out all the misfits in our society but these States should be Forced to Abide by Our Constitution but this Issue is never brought up during our Election Time and all we get is phony BS and Lies! "God Bless America"
Just like driving, many people should not be allowed to operate a device that can & does endanger other people. There are few accidents with guns, most negatve events are out of negligence &/or ignorance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SK2344

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
and the Dems think they will take that away from us.
Small steps. It happens in small steps where you dont notice, then it's gone. The issue is people don't fight for things that don't affect them but eventually they will get to something that affects them and then, they wonder how it got this way. Small steps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,112 Posts
Small steps. It happens in small steps where you dont notice, then it's gone. The issue is people don't fight for things that don't affect them but eventually they will get to something that affects them and then, they wonder how it got this way. Small steps
Very true. When they voted to ban smoking in resturants/bars here, I voted no. Not becauseci smoke, its a disgusting habit, but because smokers have a right to smoke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
Very true. When they voted to ban smoking in resturants/bars here, I voted no. Not becauseci smoke, its a disgusting habit, but because smokers have a right to smoke.
Totally agree. Same thing happened with vaping. I used to vape and saw what was coming so I started making my own vape juice. That way, no one could ban anything because I had all my stuff. You name it and I had it. Of course I quit vaping but I still have stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,551 Posts
Yeah that will be an ugly little war.
No, it won't. When the SWAT team shows up, 99% of people will get weak in the knees and hand over their guns as they get on the trains. The other 1% will be killed on the spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
No, it won't. When the SWAT team shows up, 99% of people will get weak in the knees and hand over their guns as they get on the trains. The other 1% will be killed on the spot.
Well...it's interesting to speculate.

But if (God forbid!) it came to that, the reality is that there are only a few top tier police units. Many of the "visits" would be done by mid-performance and bottom-dwelling officers. And yes, there would be casualties on both sides.

It is certainly not directly comparable-but for example, it took 60 days for the Germans to crush the Warsaw uprising. And the Wehrmacht suffered 9000 wounded and an unreported number of KIA-probably 2000 or so.

Considering that any resistance in the U.S. would START with thousands of AR-15/AK-47s and other rifles...as well as many hundreds of men with infantry training and combat experience...the resulting fighting would be incredibly costly. The Poles lacked both usable weapons and trained personnel at the beginning.

And of course, the entire apparatus of the Nazi State was in accord with the brutal fighting. Not possibly true in the U.S. Even within the Democratic Party many would not support the confiscations after the fighting started.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,551 Posts
Well...it's interesting to speculate.

But if (God forbid!) it came to that, the reality is that there are only a few top tier police units. Many of the "visits" would be done by mid-performance and bottom-dwelling officers. And yes, there would be casualties on both sides.

It is certainly not directly comparable-but for example, it took 60 days for the Germans to crush the Warsaw uprising. And the Wehrmacht suffered 9000 wounded and an unreported number of KIA-probably 2000 or so.

Considering that any resistance in the U.S. would START with thousands of AR-15/AK-47s and other rifles...as well as many hundreds of men with infantry training and combat experience...the resulting fighting would be incredibly costly. The Poles lacked both usable weapons and trained personnel at the beginning.

And of course, the entire apparatus of the Nazi State was in accord with the brutal fighting. Not possibly true in the U.S. Even within the Democratic Party many would not support the confiscations after the fighting started.
You overestimate the resolve of the average American, gun owner or not. Even a simple 'Give us your guns or go to jail' will break most of them into giving them up.

There will be no 'fighting back'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
You overestimate the resolve of the average American, gun owner or not. Even a simple 'Give us your guns or go to jail' will break most of them into giving them up.

There will be no 'fighting back'.
Well..recent estimates are about 72 million American own guns.One tenth of one per cent of that is 72,000 people.
And the one tenth of a per cent who might resist are self-selected. So they are going to be the more skilled and well armed. (Except for a few who are simply unbalanced.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,112 Posts
No, it won't. When the SWAT team shows up, 99% of people will get weak in the knees and hand over their guns as they get on the trains. The other 1% will be killed on the spot.
Yeah but the 1% will be pretty committed & lea wont sustain tne losses. Leo will just say no thx. Jmo. I doubt many former military will go quietly & most of them make many swat teams look marginal. Its a bridge too far, regardless of how the left frames it.
Right now we have sheriffs & leo saying they wont enforce the Left agenda on things like mag bans or social gatherings over 10. This would be far more significant & most leo arent willing to die for a political agenda, which we all know it is. Yep, 1% of us pushing back would be pretty ugly.
 
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Top