close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Report has public pension short fall at $4.6 trillion

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 2bgop

2bgop

You are the one who said that a court could hold an elected state official in contempt for not taking a certain legislative action. Do you really believe that to be true?

Do you really believe a county sheriff can force a state assembly to appropriate money to a certain place?

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Yup. And economic principles too.

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

No, but I did pay attention in civics class in junior high. You clearly didn't.

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

But real life shows gov't paychecks pay less than private paychecks.

5. CAcop

CAcop

CA is in a death spiral but it is going to take 20 years. Realistically it will just change the way CA works.

I forsee rich liberals running company HQ's here for the cool factor so to speak but the bulk of the work will be done elsewhere. Public employees will be the only real middle class. Someone has to teach the gangbangers in the schools until they drop out. Cops have to arrest them when they stab someone. Etc, etc, etc. Those public employees will make lots of money doing it because there is no one around who can or wants to do it. They will then leave for other states. The poor will consist of illegals doing unskilled labor, mostly agricultural.

Since you live in CO I expect you to be where we are now in 20 years, maybe less. Remember CA voted Bush in 1988. It was considered a toss up state in 1992. Who did your state vote for the last two elections?

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Who said they were going to "cut off" funding?

Some reading for you. Apparently CA courts have had their budgets reduced by the state assembly and are working on strategies to get the budget increased......by the CA state assembly.......who you say they will hold in contempt and send a county sheriff to arrest all the assemblymen.

I'm sorry but this is so absurd I honestly can't believe it was typed here.

7. CAcop

CAcop

No. Do you really beleive a state legislature is going to cut off all funding to the courts?

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You don't know much about public affairs either, apparently.

When a company announces new hiring will occur out of state, that means they're laying tracks to relo.

Silicon valley is a bit unique in that there is a disproportionate amount of industry talent there. Don't for a second think that makes it impossible though.

9. CAcop

CAcop

The same retard who said what are the courts going to do if they cut off funding.

Does he really beleive the state is going to cut off funding?

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Who said that? CA courts are currently trying to get previous funding restored. Courts in general (or any government body) is pretty much perpetually trying to get funding increased. If you don't think legislators will use that politically, you're simply naive.

11. CAcop

CAcop

How does a court force a legislature to appropriate money? What does the court do when a legislature says piss off?
    Who appropriates to the money to fund the court system?
    When a state's court system submits a budget request, who does it go to?
    When they present their request, who is the person they call Mr/Mrs Chairman/Woman?

Sounds like he is saying they will cut off funding because they don't like a ruling.

12. 2bgop

2bgop

I said they could, which absolutely is true.

You said a sheriff could force a legislature to appropriate money and a court could hold an state legislator in contempt if they didn't take an legislative action. All of which is absolutely not true.

13. 2bgop

2bgop

This retard also understands that you are clueless if you think a county sheriff is going to force a general assembly to appropriate money.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

If you're going to call him names you should provide the quote where he said that.

What's really funny here is that I know what 2bgop does for a living. You don't. If you did, you would know how foolish you look.

And while I don't think a legislator would shut down the courts by "cutting off" funding, you bet your ass they could and they will tinker with it punitively.

I still can't believe you posted something so stupid, honestly. A court will hold an entire assembly in contempt for not appropriating money and send a country sheriff to arrest them.:faint:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

No, it doesn't. You don't know the difference between "cutting off" funding and reducing funding or refusing to increase funding?

Your post earlier about changing careers and getting into the private sector.....forget what I said. Stay where you are. You won't do better out here.

16. CAcop

CAcop

Theoretically they could but are you seriously thinking a legislature would actually do that because of one ruling? Aside from your fantasies.

17. CAcop

CAcop

You know what my problem is I actually fell into the trap of playing theoretical games with you.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

:rofl::rofl::rofl: says the guy who said the court could force the assembly to appropriate money and have the local sheriff arrest them if they didn't.

19. CAcop

CAcop

Here is where a contempt citation would stem from.

County or city stops paying pensions or whatever.

Lawsuit ensues.

After going through all the courts it gets sent back to the lower court with "Yes they do have to pay."

Mayor or whoever said "We aren't going to pay" that started it still says we aren't going to pay.

That is where the contempt would flow.

Now if the legislature wants to get involved and cut funding they can. But the mayor or whoever still has to pay up.

Or are you saying an executive branch memeber can do whatever they want as long as they have the legislative branch behind them?

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

2bgop - just curious. How many attorneys do you hire each year to do what it is that you do with government agencies?