close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

REPLY NEEDED ASAP....Thank you

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Marshhawk, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

I don't know where to start. I like this site but I have to question why after going on 2 plus months I still have not received my GT Hat for making a donation. I was told over a month ago "hats were shipping now"

Below is my email and the response from Eric. I have been VERY patient. I was hoping to have the hat in time for the NRA convention in Milwaukee but its not looking like it. Can someone PLEASE tell me what is going on? I feel as though since it was only 20 bucks it just doesnt matter to some folks here.

The below is from Eric and my email to him. His was dated 3/24/06 I have since emailed him with no response back. Below his response is my email and below that is my email on 4-16-06 asking what was happening with the hats.

Hello. I will be adding a contributor tag for everyone who donated. I am
    doing it a little different than before and it is going to take a little
    setup. I am working on it and hope to have them all added by early next
    week. The hats are all shipping now. Yours should be on your doorstep
    any time now. Thanks again for supporting Glock Talk. Eric

Bill Martin wrote:
    > Hi Eric,
    > Quite a few weeks back you were talking about some server upgrades. I
    > sent 20 dollars via check to you.I believe it was an AZ address?
    >
    > I can get you the info on check number etc if needed.
    >
    > I was just wondering if you received it? I havent balanced my
    > checkbook yet to see if it was cashed.
    >
    > I also requested a Khaki GT hat in my letter.I was just wondering if
    > you had sent it out or not.
    >
    > I'm not complaining just wondering:)
    >
    > I absolutely LOVE the GT site and wish to thank you for all you have
    > done. I wish I could have sent more but the job hours are kind of
    > tight on my end.
    >
    > Bill Martin
    > AKA Marshhawk
    > W10608 Hickory Lane
    > Fox Lake,WI 53933
    > Phone 920-219-0713
    Dated 4-16-06
    Hi Eric,
    Just wanted to let you know I still haven't received my hat. Have they been
    shipped? Would love to have it to wear to the NRA Convention in Milwaukee.It
    would get GT some free advertising.

Bill Martin
    >> AKA Marshhawk
    >> W10608 Hickory Lane
    >> Fox Lake,WI 53933
    >> Phone 920-219-0713

>

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Bull, I did ship all the caps and put up all the contributor icons for the orders I had. I have no record for an order placed by a Bill Martin. Did you place the order through the shopping cart system? If so, what name did you use?

I will look into this. Please let me know what color hat you wanted. I will be on the road for the next couple of days, but I will address this matter this weekend. Eric

3. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

Well Mr Eric my check was cashed and I guess I will have to send you a copy . You know I have better things to do then ***** about a cap that I DIDNT GET. I may be alot of things but a LIAR AND A THIEF I AM NOT!!!BTW I asked and paid for a TAN ONE!!

When I send you the canceled check I WILL excpect an apology from you!!

Please provide your address again so I can send you a copy. I would only have used Bill Martin.

Bill Martin aka Marshhawk

4. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

I just checked my checking account online again and on 2-12-06 I wrote a check for Eric Powell.
    The check number was 2447.It was for 20 dollars. In the memo area was written for Glock talk and hat.
    I also sent along a note with the check asking for a tan GT hat.

Said check was debited to my account on 2-23-06.

If I remember correctly the address was somewhere in AZ.

So where do I need to send a copy of the check? It would be easier to fax it.

BTW are you Eric Powell?

Ill be waiting for my hat,icon and apology. Not necessarily in that order!!!

Bull, I did ship all the caps and put up all the contributor icons for the orders I had. I have no record for an order placed by a Bill Martin. Did you place the order through the shopping cart system? If so, what name did you use?

I will look into this. Please let me know what color hat you wanted. I will be on the road for the next couple of days, but I will address this matter this weekend. Eric

Well Mr Eric my check was cashed and I guess I will have to send you a copy . You know I have better things to do then ***** about a cap that I DIDNT GET. I may be alot of things but a LIAR AND A THIEF I AM NOT!!!BTW I asked and paid for a TAN ONE!!

When I send you the canceled check I WILL excpect an apology from you!!

Please provide your address again so I can send you a copy. I would only have used Bill Martin.

Bill Martin aka Marshhawk

NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Glock 19 and 26
    Sub Club #1926
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference,they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"
    George Washington

5. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Bill, I am SURE that BULL was a typo for BILL. Eric is on the road right now, but please give him the benefit of the doubt on this. :)

6. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

After looking at my keyboard you may be right:) If that is the case Eric I apologize. It just came acrossed to me as being very disrespectful and it never even occured to me as a typo. Again if it was a typo I apologize.

Bill

Thanks Patricia:)

7. Eric

Bill, of course it was a typo. I am a little disappointed that you would not have considered that possibility.

As I said, there is no record of an order or of you even having signed up in the Gt shopping cart. I will take your word for it that you sent the check and that I cashed it. I will get the hat in the mail to you this weekend. For the record though, the cost of a cap with shipping is more than $20. I will cover the difference, to make up for the delay in dealing with this. As it was your intention to make a donation, even if it didn't work out that way, I'll throw in a contributor icon as well. Thanks. Eric

8. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

Eric I am very sorry!!!! and humbled

My mind wasn't working after I saw the Bull all I saw was red:).It should have occured to me it was a typo.You certainly didn't need any crap from me but I didn't know. I will be glad to send another 10 bucks to cover the cost of shipping and make a small donation.
    Let me know where I can send it to as I am getting out of the credit card business and paying with cash when I can.

Again I should have known better and I apologize.

Bill Martin
    W10608 Hickory Lane
    Fox Lake,WI 53933

What happened Eric is that I sent a check with a note about what hat I wanted. I thought you were making a few bucks on the hats and as I wasn't working much then $20 was all I could swing. Someone on GT had posted your address and said something like" Come on guys Eric runs a great site here we all benefit etc" (which I agree with) there was an address for Eric Powell in I believe AZ.I hope your Eric Powell. I would also like to send a copy of the canceled check as I would like there to be no hard feelings and it would make me feel better to be able to do so Thats where I sent the check to with a note about the hat so I don't believe I ever went thru the GT shopping cart.

Bill

9. Eric

Bill, there are absolutely no hard feelings and you don't need to send any more money. I apologize for not dealing with this matter sooner. i've been busy as hell lately, but the fact is, i am an organizational trainwreck at the best of times. Dealing with support correspondence is definitely one of my weak points, but I am really trying to do better.

Don't worry about sending a cancelled check or more money. Like I said, I'll take your word for it. I got a lot of mail during the fundraiser drive and I must have just spaced off the instructions on the check.

Anyway, the hat will go out by Monday. I hope you will enjoy it and thanks for your support of the site. Eric