close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Replacement parts to have on-hand for my Gen4 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by INEEDMILK, Apr 21, 2012.

1. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

So I see a lot of you guys say that you should have a few replacement parts/springs to preemptively prepare for the inevitable breakage. I shoot about 300 rounds a week, so I have a feeling something will be breaking in the near future. This is my only pistol at the moment, and also my CCW, so I don't want to have an issue where something breaks and I end up waiting 5-7 business days to make my pistol functional again.

I'm on the LoneWolf page and was going to order a 9mm extractor and figured I'd get some other stuff while I was at it...

Can you please list the stock OEM parts I should have as "backup" for my Gen4 19?

2. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Maybe a Wolff service pack for all the springs and a recoil spring or two? Don't really see a need for any of the other parts, I've never replaced anything but the springs

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

3. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

Glock parts are inexpensive and so easy to have on hand. That said, there is little likelihood of parts failure on your gun.

Shooting 1,200 rounds a month, I would invest in a spare RSA or two (8703) and replace it when it shows signs of fatigue, which might be a year or two from now.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

Here's my personal order of importance for spare parts:
    1. guide rod assembly
    2. trigger spring
    3. slide lock spring (the Gen4 compact models have their own unique slide lock spring, only glockparts.com sells them at the moment)
    4. spring loaded bearing
    5. firing pin spring cups
    6. slide stop
    7. extractor
    8. frame pins

Besides that I have a spare of every spring. I'd still like to get some magazine catches, firing pin spacer sleeves, firing pin channel liners, and slide cover plates.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

I dont see anything called a Wolff service pack.

It's on the LoneWolf site?

Can you link me to it ?

Thanks.

6. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

1. Does this mean RSA?

2. What is the stock trigger spring weight for a Gen4 19? I see one on the site that is 5 pounds, but the manual says I have a 5.5 lb pull?

3. So youre saying this isn't available for my Gen4 19 from LWD? What is this? http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=446&CAT=125

4. Spring loaded bearing? http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=382&CAT=125

5. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=534&CAT=125

6. I have a few of these already. The vickers one is freakin awesome.

7. This is the main reason I'm ordering from LWD.

8. Yea I figured these were important seeing as how they wear out as you strip the frame.

Thanks for your help.

7. jay-bird

jay-bird goin' broke

You can call GLOCK. They will email you an order form. You can get most things you need directly from GLOCK.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Firing pin spring cups. I don't know that they wear out but they certainly seem to be able to disappear easily. And if you wanted some springs and the recoil spring assembly. But I would leave them in the plastic bag so they don't get dusty before you actually need them.

9. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Well, you shoot about $4k a year in ammo.....about 16,000 rounds a year.....so I would say just get a new pistol every year with how much you shoot.

If I shot 300 rounds a week, every week, I would be buying a new pistol every year.

10. barth

barth six barrels

I like to have a minimum of five spare barrels for my Glock.

LOL!

Actually I like having a spare OEM RSA for my SD guns.

11. D4RWlN

D4RWlN

....why? At one time I shot more than double that in that time fame and it still did/ does fine. There are several other members that have the same experiences and some with MUCH higher round counts. The only reason I got a different glock was to get another size and try something different.

You are not going to shoot out your pistol every 16k...or even close to it.

That said, who doesn't like more guns?!:supergrin:

12. voyager4520

voyager4520

Yes.
    I can't remember what the weight is, I think it's 5lbs. Glock only makes one standard coil trigger spring so as long as you get one made by Glock it'll be the same strength as what's in your gun right now.
    That's for Gen1-3. This is the one for Gen4 G19,23,32:
    http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=296241&CAT=741

That's the spring loaded bearing for use with a non-LCI 9mm extractor. Gen4 and LWD extractors have a Loaded Chamber Indicator(LCI) and require use of the LCI 9mm spring loaded bearing:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=456&CAT=175
    Correct.
    glockparts.com has them in stock as well, though there's no knowing if you'll get the 3-marked 9mm extractor or the 4-marked .40 extractor. If you order from LoneWolf, it'll definitely be the 3-marked 9mm extractor.
    http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=235303&CAT=708
    They don't so much wear out from stripping, the trigger housing pin is easy to lose and the other two pins may crack from repeated shooting with a weak recoil spring assembly.

13. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I totally understand that a GLOCK pistol will last 50K+ rounds replacing nothing but the mag springs....

But if the OP is so worried about it, instead of mucking around with replacement parts, he could just trade his pistol in every year for a new one. It sould only cost him a few hundred dollars a year to do this. Based on the OPs concerns, and how much he spends on shooting as it is, it might be the right route to go.

14. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

so do I want the one from glockparts or the one from LWD?
    do I want the 3 or the 4 marking?

Thanks

15. voyager4520

voyager4520

Well the 3-marked one is the true 9mm extractor. The 4-marked one is the .40 extractor. The .40 version is the one that fixed the ejection problem in so many 9mm Glocks using the 336 ejector. But every report I've heard of the 9mm version being used with the 30274 ejector is that ejection was good.

For a 9mm Glock with the 30274 ejector you probably wouldn't see any difference between the two extractors, so I'd get the 3-marked 9mm version.

I'd have no way of knowing which version glockparts.com has. It's probably the 3-marked 9mm version but the only way to know would be to order one and find out or call them on a weekday when they're open and ask them what number is on their LWD 9mm extractors.

16. sciolist

sciolist

My recommendation is to buy a second pistol, to take wear off your carry gun. Then start building a collection of all the internals. You would be surprised at what will break, and how it will find an inconvenient time to do so.

17. up1911fan

up1911fan

I keep a spare set of springs and pins around. Plus small/easily lost parts.

18. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

It's not lone wolf. Wolff gunsprings can be found at www.gunsprings.com or brownells under a search for wolff

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

19. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

The Wolff service pack says it is not meant for Gen4s

20. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

dont know why it wouldn't be, all the springs are the same as gen 3 except rsa