close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Replacement mag tubes from match armorers?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by njl, Jan 9, 2005.

1. njl

njl

I got the idea from another thread....I have a G19 LEO marked mag that I've been meaning to send to Smyrna for replacement. The metal liner has come apart and it snags the tops of brass on the way up...so you can load rounds into it, but they won't feed out. Since there are matches coming up, can I just get an armorer at the match to swap out the bad tube?

I know they'll replace just about any broken/worn small parts on the guns, or springs/followers in mags...but do they bring spare tubes?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've seen magazines rebuilt at GSSF matches, but never a tube replaced.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I never seen them bring tubes to a match. If you need more than small parts you'll end up sending to Smyrna for them. But then again, maybe they'll do something different this time. :)

4. njl

njl

Since there's no harm in trying, I'll bring the bad mag and see if they can do anything with it. I can always send it to Smyrna later.

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Think about it. They cannot bring parts for every possible warranty contingency that they may encounter at each match. They certainly would not bring a stock of replacement mag tubes. Send it directly to the Warranty department in Smyrna. They will take care of you.