Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed my 21 springs feel weak. Still seem to function but I keep my mags loaded and they are old. Maybe 20 years or so. Might do my 19 while I'm at it. What does the knowledge base here recommend? I was leaning towards Wolff +5% but would appreciate advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
think theres a thread in here somewhere and this discussion came up. the problem with aftermarket springs were that the rusted where the factory ones didnt.. if i were you i would order new ones from glock after all the ones in there now are glock and they lasted 20 years

·
Registered
32,983 Posts
While I do use some of Wolff's excellent springs in other guns, the factory mag springs for the G21 are fine for their intended use. If one of our people were asking me this question (meaning in my capacity as an armorer for an agency), I'd recommend they replace their aging mag springs with new factory springs ... and replace their RSA with a new factory one, while they're at it.

FWIW, I once knew a guy who carried his own G22 on-duty. He didn't shoot it very often, maybe once a year, but said it was left loaded all the time (for work). When he was performing a qual course-of-fire while I was present, he experienced repeated feeding stoppages that were easily attributed to weakened mag springs. (EDITED:To add that at this point he said he'd owned the gun, with the original springs, for 10 years.)

Since it wasn't an agency-owned weapon (and he actually worked for another agency, for whom we were only briefly providing qual support), I could only recommend he replace the springs. He agreed it was probably a good idea, and said that weakened mag springs probably explained why his G22 had experienced some feeding stoppages when he'd tried to use it shoot a pitbull that attacked him on-duty a couple weeks previously. Uh, okay ...

Reactions: BL33D 4 M3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts