Replace G34 sights?

Discussion in 'Long Slide Forum' started by scratchy wilson, Jan 9, 2010.

1. scratchy wilson

scratchy wilson Silver Member

Wondering if you replaced them(and with what)or kept them stock? Mine has the Glock adjustables, and though I haven't shot it yet, there's something about them that just bugs me.

2. mikesommer

mikesommer

I just ordered some Dawson Precision adjustable sights with a fiber optic front for my still unfired G34. This weather makes shooting a killer.......

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010

3. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

TruGlo TFOs on my 35.....

4. JackBlundell

JackBlundell

Tru-Glo TFOs on my two G34s.

5. jason8251

jason8251

I use a Dawson Precisoin adjustable rear and a fiber optic up front. The rear is a .125 opening and the front is a .100 blade. May sound a little weird but is helps (me anyway) to have that gap in the sights. You can see what your shooting alot better, especially at 25 yards and beyond.

6. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

I replaced the crappy plastic G34 adjustables a few years ago with some steel 07 Trijicons.

It's one of my two duty pistols (34 and 22), and these Trijicon sights are perfect for shooting 124-gr +P and even 147-gr. I have not found the need for adjustable sights on sidearms unless they are used for hunting.

7. sundance43.5

sundance43.5

I replaced the factory sights with 10-8 sights.

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

same here

9. chemboy

chemboy

Just replaced the stock sights on my 35 with the standard Trijicons.

10. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I put Meps on my G35, and they are bright and easy to see.... But, I have a TFO front on a P220 Carry and it is better...

11. zeppe807

zeppe807 Always Prepared

Don't the TruGlo TFOs stick out over the opening of the long slides? Does it matter, snag, move, etc?

I like those but am afraid of getting it snagged.

12. SARDG

SARDG

Have TFOs on my 24, 34, (and 17). Front sight sticks over the slide-cut opening on the 24 and 34, but I havn't found anything for them to get snagged on yet. There is about 1/10 of an inch between the bottom of the front sight and the top of barrel but it would be difficult to get much of anything under that sight unless you were walking through tall sawgrass or other brush without a holster covering the slide. Front sight on the 24 has been difficult to keep tight however. If you had a ported barrel, it could be a bigger problem I suppose.

In daylight, I can pick up a sight picture on these faster than any site I've ever had. In darkness, the tritium works as well as other night sights.

The 3 I've installed have been difficult to push on. (The old plastic sights nearly fall out - comparitively.) Even though the TFOs are steel, I won't use a punch and hammer to install these or any sights - and I didn't (and wouldn't likely) file down the sight as I've seen some do.

Check here on Post #7 for more info.
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286136

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  13. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKMEISTER*

I figured I'd reply to this old thread being there isn't much activity on the "Long Slide Forum"
    I traded a G19 recoil spring & a grip plug to a forum member here for a factory adjustable rear sight & a Hi-Viz front fiber optic sight..
    Took some during & after pictures..
    As others have stated the front sight does hang out into the cut out in the slide but the sight picture is pretty good for having "Zero Dollars" in this setup..
    Installation was easy, except for making the small socket tool in the first pic, with the blue heat shrink tubing to keep it in the 1/4 nut driver handle..
    Gonna pick a small red insert up tomorrow from my buddy as the Ruger MKII I sold him has a container full of these replacement inserts for the Hi-Viz sights..
    I have another member here who has a short red fiber optic Dawson sight that I make purchase if the Hi-Viz doesn't work out for me..

2nd Generation Glock 17L Getting New Sights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I'm leaning toward the Sevigny set.

15. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Standard Meprolight night sights on my G34.

16. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

So what does that Glock rear Hiviz front sight picture look like?

Can you show us as I have a set of Glock adjustable rears and the Hiviz front sight is only $30 new.

17. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKMEISTER*

Duncan I picked up a Dawson Front Sight & took the Hi-Viz off but might install it on my G26??
    It's alot better made sight & has a smaller red insert but also came with extra green & red light pipes..It also hangs out into the slide cutout a little less & is undercut which gives a nice sight picture for my aging eyes..
    Dawson Front Sight on G17L
    [​IMG]

18. speedseeker

speedseeker

I put the Sevigny/Warren Competition sights on both front and rear. Chose the red fiber optic first but ended up swapping it out for a flat serrated blade in the end. Been thinking about swapping the rear out as well for the Warren style but havent pulled the trigger yet.

19. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

But are you still running the Glock factory adjustables on the rear?

20. Samned2003

Samned2003

I put a set of ameriglo hackathorns on my G34. I like them a lot better. I would rather have standard non adjustable factory sights than the adjustable ones that came on my 34.

Samned2003