Repairing Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kiole, Jan 23, 2010.

1. kiole

kiole

I'm looking for some advice from someone who's worked on macbook pros. Recently my charger broke and i replaced it the end fell apart. After replacing it i couldn't get the battery to charge, or the computer to turn on from the AC power. I then replaced the charger again and it didn't help. I then replaced the Magsafe Power board and it still won't charge. Any advice of what could be the issue? IT doesn't turn on from the battery or without the battery and the AC power, the battery indicator lights also dont do anything.

I'm thinking of just throwing it on ebay as broken and trying to get 300-400$.

It's a 2.2GHZ Core 2

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

The Apple website's support section has a forum like this where you can post questions and you'll get answers/suggestions from both other users and Apple's tech guys. It's free and very helpful.

3. FloridaCCW

FloridaCCW

Agreed

4. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

Another place you can try is www.macrumors.com they have a great forum for questions.

5. devildog2067

devildog2067

Have you tried it with a known good charger? Can't tell from your post.

6. og556

og556

Have you attempted resetting the SMC and PRAM ? Also run software updates a couple of times to make sure you have the latest software and firmware updates.

Do you get the X over the battery on your menu bar ?

You may want to bring it to your local apple store for a diagnostic but make sure you make an appointment before you go. Make sure you do all these troubleshooting steps before you bring it in and it will eliminate quite a few possibilities.

Also, this may be a long shot but check to make sure your replacement power supply unit is a 85 watt not 60 watt.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. kiole

kiole

battery is completely dead so i can't even turn it on and yes i did try doing the SMC and PRAM reset.

Thanks guys i'll try going on those message boards to see what the problem could be. I've read if it's not the MagSafe board then it's probably the logic board. Which would be the third time in this computer, and if that's the case its going on ebay.