Rented a Glock 36 today.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alogusz, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Alogusz

Alogusz

Wow! What a gun. I would have liked to rent a 30, but they didn't have one. I can shoot this gun better than my USP 45C. I want to get the 30 because of the 10 round mags, but I will probably get both. Very accurate. I remember shooting my USP for the first time and not doing too well (it was my first handgun, should have gotten a 9mm), not so with the 36.

Is the grip on the 30 that much fatter? The 36 felt fine, but I'm just wondering if anyone can tell that much of a difference.

2. badbilly429

badbilly429

when you shoot the 30 you will buy the 30

3. tthiel

tthiel

I bought a 36 because it is easier to carry for CCW than the 30, it can hold seven rounds with one in the chamber, or if you use a mag extension you can get 9 rounds.

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The G30 slide is only about 1/10" fatter than the G36 slide; don't know about the G36 grip, except that I tried it and don't like it.

5. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Like the 30.Love the 36!:)

#1COR-BON PROVEN STOPPING POWER#1

6. pistolwhipped

pistolwhipped ***FUBAR***

This will always go on. This 30 or 36 thing. You have got to try both. I did and ended up with the 36. It just works for me.

7. Glider

Glider

I own and shoot both. I think the difference in recoil is clearly noticable with the G36 being a tad sharper; but that said, put it in the "so what?" category. It's still not a problem (problem as in speed of recovery back to sight picture) for fast pairs or strings. I probably enjoy shooting my G30 more than my G36, since it is milder in recoil and holds more rounds; but for daily concealed carry, I tend to wear my G-36. If the narrow grip is comfortable to you (and for years Jeff Cooper noted the real drawback to the 1911 family is that the grip is too large for a good part of the population, so a slime grip is generally a good thing) and you shoot it well, then the G36 should make a great little, but potent, carry gun for you. I dunno, works for me. Stay in Condition Yellow

8. tthiel

tthiel

I meant with a mag extension you get 8.
    -Terry

9. 10-Ring

10-Ring

Comparing the G30 w/ USPc 45, they seem similar in grip size. If you are happy w/ the grip on your HK, you shouldn't notice much difference w/ the 30 except that you have 2 more rounds per mag.